Do you agree or disagree technology has made children life less creative than in the past support your answer with reasons and examples

With the advent of technology almost every and each one aspect of the modern life has changed. Personally, I strongly believe that technology has contibuted to decreasing the creavity of kids. I feel this way for two main reasons which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, technology has encouraged children to use their brains less, and therefore, their imagination is not as developed as it used to be in the past. In particular, technology provides them with certain options how to spend their time and they have solely to choose one of them. For example, a few years ago, I remember my mother telling me about her childhood. To be more specific, she said thay there were no ready games. So, she and her friends would have to invent their own ones by using their imagination. On the other hand, today, children do not have to think of their own games, they can simply search for a game on the internet and download it. As a result, they have become less creative since everything is already created by someone else and they do not need to do almost anything on their own.

Secondly, technology introduces more and more new inventions every year. In other words, various gadgets and technological things appeal to children more than books, drawing or other things which help them spend their time wisely and acquire both skills and knowledge which will prove to be beneficial in the long run. My personal exprerience is a compelling example of this. Several years ago, when I was still a kid, I would spend my time reading different stories and trying to picture the scenes about which I was reading in my mind. In this way, I developed skills such as creativity and eloquency. In contrast, my nephew, who is still a little child, prefers to spend his time before a screen playing computer games. According to him, this kind of activity seems more interesting to him than reading books or engaging in other creative activities. Consequently, his creativity has become stagnant and he finds it difficult to complete even the easiest school tasks which require the use of imagination.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that technology has negatively impacted the creativity levels of children. This is because not only has it provided them with already made games, so they do not have to create their own ones, but it has also made them think and use their mental skills less.