Integrated WritingA recent study reveals that people especially young people are reading far less literature novels plays and poems than they used to This is troubling because the trend has unfortunate effects for the reading public for culture in gen

In the lecture, the professor makes several points about the declining trend of reading literature materials like novels, plays, and poems. The professor argues that reading fewer works of literature will not have a major impact on culture and its future. This is different from the reading, which states that this trend will have an ill effect on the culture and its future. However, the teacher cast doubt on the reading with several points.
First of all, the teacher says that intellectual stimulation can also be gained by reading other materials like science, history, and political analysis apart from literature. This is not what the reading states, it says that no other reading materials will stimulate our intellect as literature does because it triggers our imaginations, be in tune with others, helps us to have a deeper knowledge of the language. The lecture casts doubt on this by showing other materials which will also do the same as literature would do.
Also, the talk says that people nowadays are finding other means of resources for their leisure and knowledge rather than just reading literature. Furthermore, the lecture points out that watching good television shows and listening to good music will not hamper cultural values. In the reading, it is argued that relying on poorly written materials and spending time on less useful things like television and music will bring down the level of culture. The professor doubts this point by stating it is unlikely.
Finally, the professor argues that the downfall of the decreased reader for literature is not the fault of the readers but the authors themselves because writers these days tend to make their work difficult to understand for the general public. This point made by the teacher cast doubt on the reading which states that people are reading less when there are more well-written literature books available.