integrated writings

integrated writings

The passage explains that visual-spatial intelligence is the ability to deal with problems related to space understanding. People who have such capability can understand the symmetry, recognize objects in different situations, and drawing them based on their memory records. Visual-spatial intelligence is useful in working with graphical patterns. Moreover, people with such faculty have a strong visual imagination that helps them in playing games. As an example, the lecturer explains how chess playing is closely related to visual-spatial intelligence.

First of all, a chess player should be able to draw a picture of the chess board and the exact location of pieces. Therefore, the player can recognize the patterns of the arrangement of pieces on the board.

Second, chess player should be able to create a mental image of the play. The prominent example for such ability is blind folded chess player who play with other ten different players without seeing them or the chess board. In fact, just a voice informs the player about the last movement of his opponent and he should construct everything in his mind.

Third and last, a chess player needs visual memory to keep the patterns, actions, and their consequences in his mind. Chess player cannot memorize all the possible movements they have done; actually they remember the similar arrangements of chess pieces. Then they reason about the possible plans and strategies based on their visual records of their past palys. Thus, a player can predict the future movements and their outcomes according to his visual memory.

In conclusion, people with visual-spatial intelligence are good game players because they are capable of recognizing shapes, patterns, and symbols and memorizing them. They can derive imaginary pictures out of information and are able to predict plans ahead. All these abilities are well illustrated in chess-players.

You may remove the words from the passage in the first paragraph. Just focus on the lecture.