Nowadays neighbors depend on each other less than the people in the past

Nowadays, neighbors depend on each other less than the people in the past.

There is no doubt that today neighbors depend on each other less than in the past. The world has changed. The fast pace of lives and the fast growing of cities affect neighbors’ relationship.

First, the rapid pace of lives makes people hurry for their businesses, so people won’t have time to give attention to their neighbors. Students have their packed study schedules same as adults who have to compete with the aggressive competition in the business world. As a result, each day, there are only a little time left for them and they would better spend this time for relaxing or doing other things rather than having a business with the neighbors. Take myself as example, I’m a student and every day I have to leave home for school at 8.00 AM. and then I have a part time job to do after finish studying. I usually arrive home after 10.00 PM. with a lots of feeling exhausted, so I need time to relax and refresh myself because I also still have my homework to do. So there is no doubt that I don’t have time to have conversation to my neighbors.

Second, the fast growing of cities effects safety and decreases trust to neighbors. Cities provide people jobs and other opportunities, so many people from different background, different culture, ethnicity, are congested in the cities. These factors can interfere and can be barrier for neighbors’ relationship. For example, San Francisco has a lot of people from around the world. Even though it is a good place for education and jobs, crime rates also remain high every years. Using mobile phone on the street opens the door for thieves to take your phone and run away. Even though you ask for catching the thief from people who walk around on the street, it’s rarely to get help because nobody knows you so they won’t help. Another case is that even though you stay in your house, it’s still not safe and often happened on the news that people are stolen their valuable things in their house while they are sleeping or staying in their house. Furthermore, sometimes the thieves are your neighbors! In the past, it’s a small town and we know who are our neighbors and they usually live there for a long time. So, we can trust each other. In contrast, today the city neighbor is opposite.

In conclusion, I agree that the fast pace of lives and the fast expanding of the cities impact to neighbors’ attitude to each other, so they less depend on each other than people in previous generation.

Sentence: Second, the fast growing of cities effects safety and decreases trust to neighbors.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to cities and effects

1. The examples in the second reason are not related to the topic:

The topic sentence is:
Second, the fast growing of cities effects safety and decreases trust to neighbors.

the examples are:
For example, San Francisco has a lot of people from around the world. Even though it is a good place for education and jobs, crime rates also remain high every years. Using mobile phone on the street opens the door for thieves to take your phone and run away. Even though you ask for catching the thief from people who walk around on the street, it’s rarely to get help because nobody knows you so they won’t help. Another case is that even though you stay in your house, it’s still not safe and often happened on the news that people are stolen their valuable things in their house while they are sleeping or staying in their house.

2. The essay should compare to the past, how is the past