Some students prefer classes with open discussions between the professor and students and almost no lectures Other students prefer classes with lectures and almost no discussions Which do you prefer Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Some students prefer classes with open discussions between the professor and students and almost no lectures. Other students prefer classes with lectures and almost no discussions. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Method of teaching is very important. One of the most important methods for learning study material better is discussion. There have always existed two points of view. Some people believe that classes with no lectures and just discussions are better while others disagree. As far as I am concerned, I vote for the former choice which is classes with less lectures and more discussions because of two reasons as follows.

Firstly, discussions help us to participate in the subjects,it also help us to learn and memorize lessons better. Although maybe lectures give us many useful information too, but I think discussion is really better for our progress in studying. By way of example, I can recall my chemistry class. My teacher didn't give us any lectures in our class hours, but he always let us to discuss about the topics. I remember how we discussed about hard and difficult formulas, I never taught that one day I discusses about chemistry formulas. I learned a lot about chemistry that semester and even hardest topic became very easy for me by help of discussions. So this experience taught me that importance of discussions is much more than simple lectures.

Hence, in addition to memorizing the topics better, discussion can help us build self confidence. For example, I always ashamed to speak about different topics in the class because in our classes teachers just gave us different kind of lectures and never let us to participate in topics. So, I always tried to don't ask my questions because I kind of thought I am wasting my teachers time, but I remember that in our history class our teacher forced us to participate in discussions and he considered three points for participating in discussions. During our history class I always participated in discussions and after a while I realized that I have learned many historical events that I didn't know before. In fact I always hate the history, but with those useful discussions I somehow like history!I couldn't believe that one day I will like the historical events! Also by help of this discussions my confidence increased a lot. After that I never felt shy to participate in discussions and to ask my questions. So as you can see lectures didn't help me that much but discussions were very useful for me to build my self confidence.

By way of conclusion, as English proverbs goes, each coin has two sides. Although giving lectures by teachers are really useful for students to discover new subjects that they didn't know before but the importance of discussion in learning topics is much more. By way of discussions students can express themselves,it helps them to build self-confidence, self-esteem also they can learn topics much better than lectures alone. I suggest that all teachers use discussions as part of their methods for teaching.

Sentence: I remember how we discussed about hard and difficult formulas, I never taught that one day I discusses about chemistry formulas.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to I and discusses

Sentence: So, I always tried to don't ask my questions because I kind of thought I am wasting my teachers time, but I remember that in our history class our teacher forced us to participate in discussions and he considered three points for participating in discussions.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to I and kind
Suggestion: Refer to teachers and time

Sentence: Also by help of this discussions my confidence increased a lot.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and discussions

Sentence: By way of conclusion, as English proverbs goes, each coin has two sides.
Description: The fragment proverbs goes , is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace goes with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

it also help us to learn and memorize lessons better.
it also helps us to learn and memorize lessons better.

Need to polish sentences. Most of the sentences start with the subject 'I'.