TPO 05 - Question 5
A sample Answer to this speaking in text:
The woman’s problem is that she needs to play the violin in a big concert, but she’s hurt her arm. There are two possible solutions, the first one is to try to play anyway. The other solution is to get Jim to replace her and play in the concert. I think the first is better, because that way she won’t let the other group members down, and the doctor said her wrist should be feeling better by then. Also, she says in the conversation that Jim is not reliable. If he’s always late for the rehearsals, that’ll compromise the whole performance. And that’s unfair to the other group members who have been practicing for weeks.
1. Susan! What happened to your arm?
2. That's my wrist actually, I sprained it last weekend.
3. And I'm kind of upset about it, because I'm supposed to play the violin in my string quartets big concert next week.
4. We've been practicing for weeks and we've already sold a bunch of tickets.
5. Uh…I'm sorry to hear that.
6. What are you gonna do?
7. Well, I was thinking about trying to play anyway.
8. I mean I really don't want to let the other three group members down.
9. Plus the doctor said my wrist should be feeling better by then.
10. Oh, okay, so, problem solved, right?
11. Not exactly. I'm worried that I'm gonna be out of practice, like I haven't been able to play the violin since I sprained my wrist.
12. What if I don't play well?
13. I'd make the rest of the group sound bad.
14. Why don't you get somebody else to take your place?
15. Well there is only one other person I know of who could do it, and that's Jim.
16. He is a great violinist, and I'm sure he'd say yes.
17. The thing is that he is not very reliable.
18. I mean I'm in the orchestra with him and he is always showing up late for rehearsals
19. Oh, so you're not sure you can depend on him
20. Exactly, and we have less than a week left to rehearse for the concert.
21. We'd really need him to show up on time for all of our rehearsals.