Write an essay that helps us know you better

I don’t like to be mere witness. I like to be part of things happening around me. I may not be physically involved in all the activities but my mind and soul always are. I imbibe the scene playing in front me -drawing lessons and engraving the touching ones in my heart.

It was the senior farewell in my school. Amidst the music ,laughter and cheerful atmosphere an act of kindness touched my heart. Years from now I might forget the friends I spoke to that day ,the songs that were played or the way people dressed and danced. But I know that , that incident will be present in my memory forever.

It was almost the end of the program. Some students hugged each other , some cried for fear of separation. All the students and teachers grabbed plates – some were elated some disgusted. Once everybody was satisfied the juniors began to pack and started moving towards their buses. I waited for my friend to take her bag from the common hall. While teachers were screaming from behind she was being clumsy and slow. Eventually she came downstairs but stopped again on the way. This time I was annoyed .But the next thing instantly changed my thoughts .She spotted one the staff members who had been standing there all day and was still guiding students. She noticed the tiredness on his face and realized that he hadn’t yet taken his food. Without a moment’s hesitation she opened took out a fruit bun and offered it to him. Despite the gnawing hunger, he refused. But she insisted. As the man took the bun I could see delight in his eyes and pleasure on my friend’s face. I smiled and told myself that the day hadn’t gone in vain. I felt proud that I had such a caring friend and I was glad that I had such a sweet story to share.

I always make it a point to observe as move. I find beauty in cold winter mornings and excitement in the hot summer days. I can write a poem on things that otherwise considered insignificant. I make sure that my eyes miss none of the sweet or bitter scenes that the surroundings offer .Thus I make myself a part of the environment and the environment a part of myself.