For successful development of a country, should a gorvernment focus its budget more on very young children education rather than on universities?

There is no doubt higher education plays an important role to catapult a country to a privileged stage of social and intellectual development. However, from my point of view investing in early childhood education is even more crucial for a country to succeed in all of aspects and it is a costly but worthy investment on the long run.

To begin with, investing in young children education is crucial and critical. Research has shown countries that have massively invested in their young citizen’s education since kindergarten to high school have been collecting excellent results on the long run...

Sentence: Moreover, recent research has also shown wealthy families and families who invest in their children's early education; their offspring tend to have a substantial advantage in terms of school readiness, advanced social skills and more positive approach when it comes to learning.
Description: The fragment offspring tend to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace tend with verb, past tense