TPO 47 integrated pterosaurs could not fly because they were so big could not take off from ground and cold blooded

TPO 47 integrated- pterosaurs could not fly because they were so big, could not take off from ground, and cold-blooded.

The article asserts that Pterosaurs were not capable of flying and provides three reasons defending this theory. The professor, on the other hand, refutes all these explanations and declares that recent researches have concluded that they could fly. In the following, these justifications, used to shed light on this controversial argument, will be discussed thoroughly.

First of all, the reading claims that these animals were cold-blooded, and as cold-blooded animals provide less energy in comparison with warm-blooded ones, Pterosaurs were not able to fly due to the lack of energy. Nevertheless, the lecturer announces that new finding from their fossils show that their metabolism was alike warm-blooded animals. They had fur which is typical to warm-blooded animals. This option is useful in maintaining high body temperature; therefore, Pterosaurs could supply enough energy to fly.

Secondly, the essay says that weight of animals is a great limitation on their flying capability, and since pterosaurs were as large as giraffes and so heavy, they could not fly by flapping their wings. The educator rejects this belief and insists that some charactericsitcs of their bodies helped them to keep their weights low although they had big body frames. As she says, their bones were hollow instead of solid which abled them to fly using their wings.

Tertiary, the passage points out that Pterosaurs , unlike birds, could not easily take off from ground. The professor opposes this hypothesis, mainly because she claims that they were different from birds. Birds walk on their two legs and use them for taking off. Pterosarurs, however, walked on four limbs, as some modern birds, and used all of them for taking off. This ability helped even the largest Pterosaurs to run fast or jump high in order to launch to the air with no difficulties.