Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling r

Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Currently, it is debatable whether teachers’ salaries should be based on their students’ academic performance. Some people hold a view that students’ academic performance can be a good standard to show teacher’s ability, and therefore, it cogent to decide teachers’ salaries based on the students’ academic outcomes. However, I personally believe that students’ academic achievement cannot be a reliable standard to measure teachers’ endeavors on teaching. Thus, teachers’ salaries should not be dependent on students’ performance.

Granted, the assertion that students’ academic performance becomes a standard for teachers’ salaries seems plausible. For instance, if this methodology were adopted, teachers would make an incessant effort to improve his or her teaching skill. Since increased quality of teaching style will create a better academic environment, teachers will go the extra mile to installing efficient and innovative learning technique. Also, for the betterment of students, they will put equal focus on each student, and actively communicate with them. By doing so, students’ academic performance could be increased, and teachers might be able to maintain sufficient salaries.

However, the recommendation that teachers’ salaries should depend on students’ academic performance is far-fetched. To illustrate, each student have different innate ability and environmental condition. Some students can excel at achieving academic performance since they are inherently smart or they might have private tutors for advancement. On the other hand, others might fall through the cracks since they are lack of interest in studying or lack of outside resources that can help them studying difficult subjects. In such a case, it would be hard to blame teachers for various degrees of students’ academic performance and give them insufficient salary.

In addition, relying on students’ academic performance is not an reliable factor to determine teachers’ salaries since some students are not focusing on academic field. For instance, some students are pursuing non-academic fields such as sports, music, or art. Since these students do not take an extensive measure to excel at academic field, and rather focus on the field that they are interested at. In such a case, teachers would not be able to pressurize those students to study all the academic subjects, and as a result, they may earn negligible amount of salaries despite of their efforts.

In conclusion, teachers’ salaries should decide base on their efforts and ability rather than their students’ academic achievement. Therefore, we should take an extra mile to see and check teachers’ passion on teachings.

each student have different innate ability
each student has different innate ability

The third and fourth paragraph are similar.