Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev

Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Despite the ongoing trends in most of the educational systems, the competitive attitude is not the best approach for guiding educations. I believe a cooperative attitude towards education would be more effective to improve the quality of learning at schools and colleges. I am going to mention to the negative aspect of the competitive approach and its rival’s positive achievement.

My first reason is this. While competition may, at the first glance, seem to be as an effective initiator for improving the performance of students in class, it will not ultimately enhance some of the most essential skills of students. If students try just to get higher grades and compete for such an aim, then we will find them in a vicious circle. That is, teachers should put more demands for getting higher grades to foster a real competitive atmosphere. The clear result would be a small group of winners and a large number of students with medium or low grades. Such a situation will result in disparaging most of students. Many, under this policy, will feel a kind of disappointment, since they cannot achieve a satisfactory result in a competitive mood. An absurd attempt for higher grades is not the true goal of education. The competitive approach, thus, goes flatly wrong in fostering well-educated people. Therefore, we need to replace it with a more profitable way of learning. That would be the cooperative attitude.

Contrary to the competitive approach, the cooperative attitude will not hinder the majority of students from flourishing their abilities. It will enhance some skills that you may not even observe in the rival approach. Students who try to cooperate to fulfill a task tend to realize the real power of group working; this is something worth considering for modern educational systems, because new businesses demand more skills for cooperation in their employees now. Hence, it is necessary for educating students in a way that they learn how to cooperate rather than compete for a goal. However, it is still possible to preserve a degree of competition in such a new approach. Teachers can include a degree of competition in doing cooperative tasks. For instance, groups of students can compete for getting higher grades. Nevertheless, this time, losers will not endure blame for such a result, because the outcome is not supposed to be handled by individuals but the whole group is responsible for the result.

To conclude, it seems to me that a cooperative attitude in education will improve the quality of learning. It will enhance skills that may be necessary for new generation of students. Thus, insistence for domination of the old trend of competitive approach will not be sustainable. However, a degree of competitiveness can still be beneficial in a new approach if it results in enhancement of the cooperative skills of students.

results in enhancement of the cooperative skills
results in the enhancement of the cooperative skills