tpo 1 integrated writing

tpo 1 integrated writing

The reading passage mentioned that in United States, generally,employees work for five days a week for eight hours each day. while some want to work for a four-day week for less payment. Reading passage discusses the advantages of this policy, while lecturer gives points to oppose those advantages.

Firstly, passage mentions that with four-day workweek, companies will provide 80 percentage of normal pay. Employees will get more rest and become more alert so they will make fewer costly errors in their work.This would benefit the economy of company. While lecturer mentioned that four day per week work force companies to hire lot more workers. This will add the costs of payment and medical benefits. Health benefits must be provided to every employee, who is working four or five days a week.

Moreover, passage mentioned that it would reduce unemployment rate by hiring more employees. Because many full time employees started working fewer hours, shifted to others. While lecturer mentioned that companies expectations from employees will increase. They will demand the work of five hours in four hours. So, there will no additional job created and additionally, current job will be unpleasant.

Furthermore, passage mentioned that with less working hours, employees will get more free time. They can utilize this extra time with family, pursuing private interests or enjoying leisure activities. As a result they can improve their quality of lives. While, lecturer mentioned that it can affect the personal life in negative way and increase the risk for job. As they work for less number of days, it decreases the job stability and affects the careers in negative ways. There are chances that employees may face economic down thrown.

In nutshell, reading passage and lecture contradict each other.

Sentence: While lecturer mentioned that companies expectations from employees will increase.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to companies and expectations

in negative way
in a negative way

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

better to have 4 paragraphs. Don't need a conclusion paragraph. Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster