The following appeared in a memo to the board of directors of Bargain Brand Cereals."One year ago we introduced our first product, Bargain Brand breakfast cereal. Our very lowprices quickly drew many customers away from the top­selling cereal companies.

The following appeared in a memo to the board of directors of Bargain Brand Cereals.

"One year ago we introduced our first product, Bargain Brand breakfast cereal. Our very low
prices quickly drew many customers away from the top­selling cereal companies. Although
the companies producing the top brands have since tried to compete with us by lowering
their prices and although several plan to introduce their own budget brands, not once have
we needed to raise our prices to continue making a profit. Given our success in selling
cereal, we recommend that Bargain Brand now expand its business and begin marketing
other low­priced food products as quickly as possible."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the
argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what
the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The memo by the Board of directors makes an argument for expanding business of the company and begin marketing other low-priced food products based on the success of Bargain Brand breakfast cereal. However, there are a number of assumptions made which need to be critically evaluated to ensure that argument is reasonable.

Firstly, there is the assumption that the low prices offered by the the cereal is responsible for the success of the breakfast. Just because the low price of the product coincided with the success does not mean the latter is caused by the former. It may be that there are a ...

----------------