Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In de

Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Utopia might seem unreal and too fancy to achieve. Then, some people might prefer politicians who provide practical means than who claim to pursue an ideal world. A discussion of politicians' pursuing is important since they play a role in governments and govern the people. In my stance, I do not agree that politicians should abandon an ideal solely because there is no obvious way to reach it for the following reasons.

First of all, ideals could be the final goals and politicians approach them by solving basic problems and consensus at first. In other words, ideals should be pursued through processing common ground issues. To illustrate, governments face consensus, like education issues, welfare issues, and law issues, to improve the living standards. Furthermore, politicians have to confront many common issues, such as global warming, every day. In this way, they hope to achieve the ideal world one day.

Moreover, the ideal world might be hard to reach and this is the factor which causes societies progress. The goal of creating a utopia would be harder to perform than solve common ground issues. And this hardness cause people to concentrate on different issues and bring about distinct methods to deal with them and approach the ideals. On the contrary, if people ignore the ideals, governments might not advance since they always focus on basic and common things, but not the bigger and greater goals. Therefore, this world becomes better day by day by pursuing the ideal world.

Admittedly, basic and reasonable consensus is also essential to people and affect people's life. Nevertheless, if politicians only focus on consensus, there will be a large part of problems, issues, and goals ignored. People always have disparate views and these views provide a distinct perspective on the same issue. These dissents broaden human minds and aid people to see larger. With the concern of dissents, minority groups' right would not be negligent.

To sum up, the vague ideals would be harder to explain and approach, but it should not be the reason to stop pursuing them while ideals could aid this world progress and the societies advance.

----------------

----------------