Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea. Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The brief of the argument states that Arctic deers that live on islands of canada's arctic regions are declining in population according to the reports from local hunters. It provides some reasons like global warming that caused the sea ice to melt and deterred the migration of deers from one island to another. The argument also concluded that the reason for the declination in deer population is the hindrance caused to deers to follow the the age-old migration patterns. Prima-facie, the argument seems logical and plausible but a closer inspection reveals that it is rife with assumptions. In the following text I will put forward some evidences that need to be considered.

Firstly, there are no solid evidences or statistics which state confidently that the deer population has reduced. The reports from local hunters cannot be relied upon totally. Even if we consider the reports from local hunters, the argument does not give any evidence regarding the areas where these hunters tried to hunt for deers. It is most probable that the deers have identified the regions that are generally invaded by local hunters and not visit the area again.

Secondly, even if we consider that the deer population has actually reduced according to local hunters. Their report about deers would generally be local and probably cannot pan over all the islands. As mentioned in the argument, global warming trends is the reason for sea ice to melt. It is probable that the pathways from one island to another island have been destroyed so, the deers got stuck at one region. Again as the hibernal season arrives the pathways might get established and the deers can come back to their regular habitat. Overall inference about deer population reduction cannot be totally based on local information itself.

In addition it is also concluded in the argument that the declination of the deer population if considered to be true is dependent on the global trends. But this might not be the only reason. The declination could also be an effect of increased hunting or scanty availability of victuals in the islands. It is also probable that the hunters try to kill the fully grown female deers and as a consequence the reproduction rate is affected and thus causing a relative drop in population. A reliable and more informative survey conducted on this context may reveal some necessary details regarding the reasons for actual drop in population.

In conclusion, there should be many evidences that need to be considered before concluding from the trivial reasons. In dept analysis has to be made to infer that the deer populations have been declining.

Sentence: The argument also concluded that the reason for the declination in deer population is the hindrance caused to deers to follow the the age-old migration patterns.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the