The following appeared as part of a business plan developed by the manager of the Rialto Movie Theater."Despite its downtown location, the Rialto Movie Theater, a local institution for five decades, must make big changes or close its doors forever. It sho

The following appeared as part of a business plan developed by the manager of the Rialto Movie Theater.
"Despite its downtown location, the Rialto Movie Theater, a local institution for five decades, must make big changes or close its doors forever. It should follow the example of the new Apex Theater in the mall outside of town. When the Apex opened last year, it featured a video arcade, plush carpeting and seats, and a state-of-the-art sound system. Furthermore, in a recent survey, over 85 percent of respondents reported that the high price of newly released movies prevents them from going to the movies more than five times per year. Thus, if the Rialto intends to hold on to its share of a decreasing pool of moviegoers, it must offer the same features as Apex.”

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The argument made by the manager of Rialto Movie Theatre may seem convincing at first, but there are multiple questions which need to be answered to confirm the legitimacy of his concerns.

Firstly, the comparison between Rialto and Apex may not be completely logical as the people who visit downtown aren't necessarily the same as the people who go to the mall. People going to both of the locations tend to have different intentions tied with their visit. A lot of high school students may go to the mall to “hang-out”, and are usually free to do recreational activities like watching a movie. On the other hand, the kind of people one sees in downtown are usually doing work-related activities. So the first question to be answered is if the people who visit the Apex Theater and the Rialto Movie Theater are the similar.

Next, there is no proven link between the features that Apex offers as per the manager and Apex’s sales. The said features could just be the “bling-bling” of the theater but in actuality, they don't increase sales in any manner. It would not be illogical to believe that there is no correlation between the video arcade and the ticket sales at the Apex Theater. So the next question to be answered would be if the manager has any sources relating the features to better sales of movie tickets at the theater.

Finally, the biggest fallacy in the manager’s plan is the absence of any sales comparison between the two theaters. Nowhere in the argument is it mentioned that the Apex Theater has better sales than the Rialto Movie Theater. The manager’s inclination towards the addition of features in the theater might be completely baseless if the sales/profit numbers for Apex are not noticeably better. So the final question to be answered would be if there are any proven relations between the proposed features and better sales numbers. If yes, then are those numbers much better than the numbers for Rialto Movie Theater.

These are the three main question that would need to be answered to correctly judge the manager’s proposal. The answers, or the absence of one, might completely invalidate the proposal.

Need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
It should follow the example of the new Apex Theater in the mall outside of town. When the Apex opened last year, it featured a video arcade, plush carpeting and seats, and a state-of-the-art sound system. //your argument 2. and maybe Apex is not a good sample. The net profit of Apex might be so low that makes Apex’s investment unjustifiable.

condition 2:
Furthermore, in a recent survey, over 85 percent of respondents reported that the high price of newly released movies prevents them from going to the movies more than five times per year. //you didn't talk about it

conclusion:
Thus, if the Rialto intends to hold on to its share of a decreasing pool of moviegoers, it must offer the same features as Apex. //your argument 1