The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Business manager of a television station claims that restoring the time devoted to weather and local news to the former levels, would most probably attract more viewers and entice potential local companies to advertise their products during late-night news program. Authour's conclusions, however, are based on unfounded assumptions. Additional evidence is indispensable to unequivocally tie potential benefits to the proposed changes.

First and foremost, the manager claims that the station received most complains from viewers who were concerned about station's coverage of local news and weather. Evidence on what type of viewers were the most critical, would be an advantage. If most critical viewers watch late-night news, proposition about increase in local and weather news would most probably bring the predicted results.

If , however none of the viewers watch late-news programme, then, most probably, the situation will not change. Ideally, a data about distribution of viewers' expectances about weather, national and local news, according to the time they watch television programmes aired by this particular TV station would give information on the amount of desired news type. Maybe day-time news viewers prefere watching national news to local news.

Secondly, the authos mentions that local businesses that used to buy advertisemsnts during local-night news canceled their advertising contracts. Additional information concerning the real reasons of advertisement withdrawal, would be very beneficial. Most probably the reason was different than the manager infered. A survey among former companies that bought advertisement would allow us to draw propwe conclusions.

To recapitualte, given the evidence provided in the memorandum, it is not advisible for this station to take further action on chances in the news content . Addtional informations and inevitable to unequivocally claim that predicted changes will bring expected results. More thorough consideration of news content and its popularity would be recommended.

Sentence: Maybe day-time news viewers prefere watching national news to local news.
Error: prefere Suggestion: prefer

Sentence: Secondly, the authos mentions that local businesses that used to buy advertisemsnts during local-night news canceled their advertising contracts.
Error: authos Suggestion: authors
Error: advertisemsnts Suggestion: advertisements

Sentence: A survey among former companies that bought advertisement would allow us to draw propwe conclusions.
Error: propwe Suggestion: ?

Sentence: To recapitualte, given the evidence provided in the memorandum, it is not advisible for this station to take further action on chances in the news content .
Error: recapitualte Suggestion: recapitulate