Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become extinct. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, b

Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become extinct. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because there is no evidence that the humans had any significant contact with the mammals. Further, archaeologists have discovered numerous sites where the bones of fish had been discarded, but they found no such areas containing the bones of large mammals, so the humans cannot have hunted the mammals. Therefore, some climate change or other environmental factor must have caused the species' extinctions.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The author of the argument avers that people who arrived in the Kaliko islands about 7000 years ago did not cause the extinction of large animals which used to inhabited the island's forests owing to the fact that no evidence which points on the significant interaction between the animals and the mankind has not been found. Consequently, the only possible explanation is that climate change or other environmental factor caused the extinction. This conclusion is buttressed by evidence which should be carefully analyzed in order to gauge the soundness of the argument.

First of all, we definitely know that no direct interaction between the large mammals and humankind has been found. However, perhaps humans may impact on the animals by indirect means. For example, they may bring some other species such as dogs, pigs, or cats which may hunt and eat the same food at the extinct animals, in this case, these domestic animals, which were introduced by the mankind caused, food shortage and consequenly, it may lead to the large mammals extinction.

Moreover, the history has displayed that mankind usually brings with it viruses and diseases. Probably, the local species contracted a virus such as plague from arrived humans or animals which were taken with them. Thus, it may be the real cause of the current situation.

Additionally to it, we certainly know that humans ate fish due to the fact that many sites with fish's bones have been found by researchers. Maybe fish was food for the island mammals and thus our extensive consumption of the fish may bring famine for the extinct species. Moreover, the impact of people's consumption of fish may be more elaborated, for example, fish may be the main source of food of other animals which were eaten by the extinct mammals. In both cases, mankind's action led to the extinction.

Besides, mankind may change the island's environment. Did these ancient people plant wheat or rice? If the answer is "yes", they will need land for farming. prehistoric people often used fire to burn down forests and prepare the land for farming, in this case, men's a actions may lead to the destruction of forests which were the home for these extinct species. The animals deprived of their natural environment have died out.

In conclusion, the author of the argument asserts that the mankind is blameless for the extinction of the large mammals which used to inhabit the Kaliko islands because to evidence which point of the direct interaction between the species has been found. However, many factors which may implicitly influent on the mammals were neglected by the writer such us introducing new species, viruses or diseases. Thus our analysis has displayed that the argument and conclusion are not warranted.

Sentence: For example, they may bring some other species such as dogs, pigs, or cats which may hunt and eat the same food at the extinct animals, in this case, these domestic animals, which were introduced by the mankind caused, food shortage and consequenly, it may lead to the large mammals extinction.
Error: consequenly Suggestion: consequently

Sentence: However, many factors which may implicitly influent on the mammals were neglected by the writer such us introducing new species, viruses or diseases.
Error: influent Suggestion: No alternate word

----------------

argument 3 -- somehow duplicated to argument 1

----------------