Essay topics: Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become extinct. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because there is no evidence that the humans had any significant contact with the mammals. Further, archaeologists have discovered numerous sites where the bones of fish had been discarded, but they found no such areas containing the bones of large mammals, so the humans cannot have hunted the mammals. Therefore, some climate change or other environmental factor must have caused the species' extinctions.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
In the given argument proclaim a hypothesis extinction of animals from Kaliko Island. The author cites several inferences that he makes, disregarding the possibility of human's interference in extinction of large animals. However, the author fails to explicate certain crucial details of the argument and hence makes the argument specious.
Moreover, the author denies from humans’ interference on the basis of archaeologist’s research who did not find the bones of large mammals. Only the bones were not found is not enough to conclude, it may be possible they haunt the animals and put their bones in sea, or they did not haunt but they capture their fruits and plants so that they leave the place. Human kill the large animals for their safety and it may be possible that they apprehend animals with fire or sharp weapons and animals have difficulties in survival. For example, when we settled our houses, we deforested the place and so many animals’ extent. So, this is also important point that the human expanded their land and large animals extinct.
Furthermore, if we consider the author's reason for hiding of animals that climatic changes then deforestation is one of the reasons for climatic change or other environmental factor and it shows the dwindle of animals may be cause indirectly with humans’ action. Today we have so many examples of human interference with environment. People use trees, animals and natural resources for their own benefits without retiring anything to nature. The human tendency from last so many years force me think that human being is major culprit behind natural cause.
Finally, there are two more strong possibilities of extinction of animals due to human. Firstly, the Island sounded by sea from all sides and there is strong possibility that human disposed the bones of large animals in sea. Secondly, the time period is large about 3000 years so, everything change in 1000 years for examples the animals breed crossed or generation to generation the variations occurs in any species. It may possible the animals were not able to sustain the genetic changes or adjustment with human beings and they get dwindled.
To sum up, the given argument cannot ignore the human interference in extinction of animals and conclude that climatic changes are responsible. There are so many spices which extinct after particular time period.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|16 hours 59 min ago||er.vprashant||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 day ago||sikun1990||40||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 days ago||wwwww||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||43||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||orlando23||38||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 day ago||orlando23||48||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 days ago||orlando23||48||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||pooja24297||53||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Joh1701||45||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Ghader||48||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a memo from the mayor of Brindleburg to the city council."Two years ago, the town of Seaside Vista opened a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. Since then, the Seaside Vista Tourism Board has reported a 20% increase (68)
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of a company that builds shopping malls around the country."The surface of a section of Route 101, paved just two years ago by Good Intentions Roadways, is now badly cracked with a number of da (58)
- The following appeared in a recommendation from the president of Amburg's Chamber of Commerce."Last October the city of Belleville installed high-intensity lighting in its central business district, and vandalism there declined within a month. T (58)
- The following appeared as part of an article in a Dillton newspaper."In an effort to bring new jobs to Dillton and stimulate the city's flagging economy, Dillton's city council voted last year to lower the city's corporate tax rate by (51.5)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than i (40)
- Some people argue that successful leaders in government, industry, or other fields must be highly competitive. Other people claim that in order to be successful, a leader must be willing and able to cooperate with othersWrite a response in which you discu (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from New Ventures Consulting to the president of HobCo, Inc., a chain of hobby shops."Our team has completed its research on suitable building sites for a new HobCo hobby Shop in the city of Grilldon. We discovered th (53)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (56.5)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become extinct. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctio (44)
- The following appeared in a health magazine."The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles. Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations than (60)