"Most homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last heating season that region experienced 90 days with below-normal temperatures, and climate forecasters predict that this weather pattern will continue for several more years. Furthermore, many new homes are being built in the region in response to recent population growth. Because of these trends, we predict an increased demand for heating oil and recommend investment in Consolidated Industries, one of whose major business operations is the retail sale of home heating oil."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
The author, in the presented argument, predicts an increased demand for heating oil. It has been ascribed to the facts that most homes in the northeastern United States have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating; the winters are typically cold in the region, with the last season experiencing about 90 days with below normal temperature and a recent population growth in the region leading to construction of many new houses. Based on the predictions by the climate forecasters that this weather pattern will continue and considering the above stated trends, the author has recommend...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- “The perceived greatness of any politician leader has more to do with the challenges faced by that leader than with any of his or her inherent skills and abilities.”Write a response in which you examine your position on the statement. Explore the extent t 90
- The following report appeared in the newsletter of the West Meria Public Health Council."An innovative treatment has come to our attention that promises to significantly reduce absenteeism in our schools and workplaces. A study reports that in nearby East 72
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham college:“To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham’s enrollment is growing and, based on current 95
- The following appeared in the City Council Proceedings of the local newspaper in Smithville:“The city council of Smithville has instituted changes to police procedures to improve the visibility of the police force. These changes require that the town hi 70
- "Most homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last heating season that region experienced 90 days with below-normal temperatures, and climate forecasters predi 95
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 479 350
No. of Characters: 2464 1500
No. of Different Words: 231 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.678 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.144 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.959 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 188 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 140 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 99 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 79 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 25.211 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 13.3 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.526 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.313 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.582 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.087 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 6 5