In a study of the reading habits of Waymarsh citizens conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents said that they preferred literary classics as reading material. However, a second study conducted by the same researchers found that the type o

In a study of the reading habits of Waymarsh citizens conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents said that they preferred literary classics as reading material. However, a second study conducted by the same researchers found that the type of book most frequently checked out of each of the public libraries in Waymarsh was the mystery novel. Therefore, it can be concluded that the respondents in the first study had misrepresented their reading habits.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

According to a study conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents state that, literary classics is being preferred by them, however another survey showed that mystery novels are the most frequently book which are checked out from public libraries. Based on these two surveys, a conclusion, adversely, has been obtained that people in the first study had misrepresented their reading habits. Due to lack of a cogent reasoning, I think conclusion is not true.

First of all, the way first survey was done is not clear. It should be clarified that how many and who has been asked. If in survey they asked only old people, then comparing it with second survey would not show a reasonable result because it has a probability that statistical populations are different. There is a chance that only young people use public libraries. So we cannot say that people in the first survey misrepresented their reading habits.

Moreover, despite the result of first survey, no information existed about number and type of libraries in town. If there are a few public libraries are in town and most of libraries are not public, like personal, university and school library, so people who borrow books from those libraries had been not asked about their habits and check out of those had not been observed. But if it is not the case and public libraries are the only libraries in town then the conclusion would be bolstered by comparing two surveys. However it is not transparent and should be noticed in the text.

Finally, the price of books is another important factor to be noticed. If the literary books are among cheap available books in bookstores, so people usually prefer to have their favorite books in their own library and buy it. But maybe novel books are expensive and people usually prefer to borrow it from library. So the results of two surveys are not antonym. Again second survey would not weaken the first one.

To sum up, it seems that the conclusion, based on result obtained from these two surveys, is not accurate. It has many bugs and also wrong reasoning. So to make a reliable conclusion, all stated above should be noticed. In my idea, the reasoning is far from reality and the reasoning is too vague.

Sentence: According to a study conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents state that, literary classics is being preferred by them, however another survey showed that mystery novels are the most frequently book which are checked out from public libraries.
Description: The fragment most frequently book is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace frequently with adjective