Essay topics: Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.
The station manager of kick radio station in medway recommends to increase call-in advice programs to gain a larger audience share. To bolster his argument, he quotes wcqp radio station in rockville as an example, which increased call-in advice programs two years ago and observed an increase in audience share. He also cities a nationwide survey that indicated many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs. However, for the recommendation to result as predicted, more questions need to answered as explained in the following passages.
First and foremost, author quotes wcqp radio station achieved an increase in audience share due to increase in their call-in advice programs. However, author needs to confirm that the increase is not due to any other factor. For instance, the increase in audience share may be due to rival radio station closing down. So, author needs to answer whether the increase is indeed due to increase in call-in advice programs or not? In addition, increase in audience share for wcqp in rockville doesn't mean people in medway are also interested in call-in advice programs. It may be opposite as well. May be people in medway are dislike call-in advice programs and as a result, may decrease the kick audience share if call-in advice programs are increased. So, author needs to provide information for his recommendation to be taken seriously.
Second, author cites a nationwide survey that indicates that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs. However, author doesn't provide any information about the survey such as Who organised the survey? Who took the survey? Is the survey representative of the entire population? What are the questions in the survey? For the survey information to be considered as reliable, above questions need to be answered. unless and until, author provides information about the survey, it cannot be used effectively to back the author's argument.
Therefore, even though it feels like the station manager had best interests regarding the kick radio station, his claims are not well supported for his recommendation to be as predicted. Unless and until he provides concrete answers for the above questions, his recommendation cannot be considered.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 16 hours ago||NobodyUp||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||sandeshbhandari2||68||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||kmata2||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||p30kh40||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||FarzadM||68||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||timaj||68||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||mayurgandhi25895||59||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 hours ago||sujoy||68||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 days ago||dikshitknl||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Pankaj Kumar||58||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of WWAC radio station."WWAC must change from its current rock-music format because the number of listeners has been declining, even though the population in our listening area has been growing. (49)
- In order for any work of art—for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song—to have merit, it must be understandable to most people. (50)
- In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people. (50)
- In order to alleviate the serious unemployment problem in our town, we should encourage Autotech to build its automobile manufacturing plant in our area. The Hillview landfill, which has been undeveloped for decades, is a perfect site for this plant. The (61)
- Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's rec (50)
- The following appeared in a recommendation from the planning department of the city of Transopolis."Ten years ago, as part of a comprehensive urban renewal program, the city of Transopolis adapted for industrial use a large area of severely substanda (62)
- The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town — Adams Realty and Fitch Realty — Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many (60)
- A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f (50)
- Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (ages 5 to 10)? Why?Being helpful to othersBeing honestBeing well-organizedUse specific examples and evidences to support your answer. (60)
- Creativity should be used as the only true measure of intelligence.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons a (50)