Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s

Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.

The writer of argument recommends that WCQP in Rockville generate more call-in advice programs to be able to attract more radio listeners. However, this recommendation cannot be accepted as it is because it is based on a number of premises for the support of which some vital questions are to be answered.

First of all, the writer contends because, Rockville's listening area has increased significantly. However, the question is what the listening area growth rate is. Maybe this growth rate is so negligible that it would dwindle or end in the future years. Even if it is assumed that increasing is stable over the coming years, we need to know whether the same growth rate will remain as it is in the future. Maybe, the generating television shows are related to various subjects would cause many people attract to TV programs instead of listening area like call-in advice programs.

Secondly, the writer argues that most of radio listeners prefer listening call-in advice programs. However, one can ask what kind of programs listeners are interested. Maybe, there are many people are interested in other programs who do not attend the survey. Therefore, the survey's population is not general, and it does not cover all tests. Even if it is assumed that the survey is impeccable, we need to know whether the call-in advice programs keep their quality in order to attract more people. Maybe, their managers or presenters change and new people with different tests are employed. As a result, they order to transmit such programs.

Finally, the writer asserts that KICK includes more call-in advice programs to gain a larger audience share in its listening area. However, the question is whether the interests of people who live in Medway are identical to interests of people who live in Rockville. Maybe, citizen of Medway are interested in other programs in the radio not call-in advice programs. Therefore, generating more such programs reduce their audiences share in its listening area.

In the final analysis, the writer's recommendation cannot be accepted because, as it was shown in the body paragraphs above, there are a number of questions left unanswered. The recommendation can only be accepted if the concern questions are all adequately addressed.

argument 1 -- not OK.

suggested:
It worked Two years ago for radio station WCQP, maybe it doesn't work nowadays. or it works for WCQP, it doesn't work for KICK.

argument 2 -- better: even if the survey is reliable, nationwide interest toward these programs does not indicate the people who live in Medway also favor call-in programs.