The best way to teach whether as an educator employer or parent is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the po

“There is no progress if you don’t learn from your past failures”, learning and teaching go hand in hand, if the teacher puts their efforts and the student on their side be languid then there is no point in teaching unless the student puts efforts. The prompt suggests that to teach the best way one should only focus on the positive actions and ignore the negative ones. But in my opinion, the most efficient way of teaching is to praise the positive actions and criticize the negative ones until they become positive.

Often teachers who are strict are not better with their students but the teachers who are gullible generally tend to have less competitive students. For example, In the 1930s during the World War era, a research was done which was further documented. In that research, two groups of soldiers were coordinated by two different generals, where one was meant to be lenient and the other one seemed to condescend to the squads who were under him, and later during the post war period it was noticed that the group which had the strict general had more number of survivors than the other. Thus in some scenarios, the best way to teach is through hardship and strictness rather than ignoring the negative actions.

Further, teachers who praise only the positive actions of the students tend to be more sublime and have more amity towards students as they are always being praised. This might result in students thinking they are already at their best and thus the room for improvement is impeded. For instants, in the 2011 Olympic competition a gold medalist was interviewed and in her interview, she said, “I was never praised by my master and the need for that slight praise brought me here today”. In her interview, she states that only the urge to hear at least a single praise from her master motivated her to be the best version of herself. Thus limiting the praising of positive actions could also help the students to perform well and thereby improve the quality of teaching.

Although ignoring the negative actions could help in just focusing on the positive ones, in a pragmatic situation improving the negative actions is just as important as praising positive actions. Thus, in my opinion, the most efficient way of teaching is to praise the positive actions and criticize the negative ones until they become positive.