Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev

Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

In the modern world, good education is the key to achieve success. As a result, the good quality education is highly valued today. Most of the modern educational institutions have a grading system in place to evaluate the performance of the students. The students getting high grades are considered to be more capable in general and get better career oppurtunities in future. As a result, the aim of modern education has shifted from understanding about the world and existing systems to getting high grades in examinations which is seriously limiting the quality of learning at all levels of education.

Since the beginning of his career every student knows that a large proportion of his capability in his field of learning will be judged by the amount of grades he will score. As a result, his focus during studies is always towards scoring good grades and outdoing his competitors in the examination rather than applying his knowledge to solve real world problems. Students are more concerned with memorising their syllabi and do not emphasise the need of connecting their bookish knowledge with the practical life, which is the actual purpose of education.

The real purpose of education is to make the students aware about a particular subject, enabling them to open their brains so as to effectively correlate their acquired knowledge with actual examples in the real world. For example, a student of science who is good at memorising may get good grades at school and undergraduate levels. However, if he does not have an inclination towards observing the real world applications of his chosen field of science and an inherent desire to improve upon the existing solutions of the relevant problems in his field, he has not achieved the true purpose of getting educated in science.

If the education system places too much stress on grades, it leaves little room for innovation. The students are always burdened with the pressure of getting better grades and are unable to spend enough time in contemplating and thinking about what they studied. Perhaps, the fact that many eminent scientists like Issac Newton and Albert Einstein were not considered good students as per the educatipn systems of their respective times. In reality, the great inventors whose sole passion was learning about the world and explaining phenomena yet unexplained, had little patience for the scruples of formal education.

Summing up, grades do give a reflection of student's sincerity and capability in a particular subject. However, they should not be considered the sole criterion of evaluating a student's performance. Education system should be modified in ways to instill a spirit of innovation among the students otherwise the competition for high grades will severely limit the quality of education.

Sentence: The students getting high grades are considered to be more capable in general and get better career oppurtunities in future.
Error: oppurtunities Suggestion: opportunities

Sentence: Students are more concerned with memorising their syllabi and do not emphasise the need of connecting their bookish knowledge with the practical life, which is the actual purpose of education.
Error: memorising Suggestion: memorizing
Error: emphasise Suggestion: emphasize

Sentence: Perhaps, the fact that many eminent scientists like Issac Newton and Albert Einstein were not considered good students as per the educatipn systems of their respective times.
Error: educatipn Suggestion: education