Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev

Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

I believe that an emphasis on high grades limits the quality of learning at all levels of education. Such competition detracts from the educative role of learning, inhibits critical and creative thinking, and encourages scholastic dishonesty among students. This does not imply that grading systems should not be adopted in education, but that the emphasis on education should not be grades.

Education is a learning proocess. Its chief goal is not only to impart knowledge but to empower an individual with knowledge; that is education reveals the power of knowledge. True education has no respect for grades or distinctions, rather its chief purpose is to instigate interest in students so that they might understand the ramifications of the the things they study. Real education is when a student says “OMG!! I now see how integration is the area under the curve.” It is not the A he/she gets in his Calculus class. Rather, it is the discovery of what has been unknown to the student. This education is not only pertinent to the conventional student who sits in classroom but is applicable to all and sundry. Education is the moment we realize something we have never thought of. It is the instance the scientist screams “Eureka” in his lab. This education has no attachment to grades or distinction.

Moreover, a grade emphatic education also discourages critical and creative thinking. How does a teacher grade creativity? Creativity is subjective. It is dependent on the individual. When a grading system creates a standard which students are compelled to follow in order to earn good grades, then such students have no incentive to think out of the grade establish conventions or try new ideas. Such lack of creativity is detrimental to the quality of education.

Another disadvantage to high competition and emphasis for grades is that it encourages exam mal practice and scholastic dishonesty among students who are trying by all means to earn good grades in an educational system that is grade based. This consequently lowers the standard of education and ethics among student, who may no longer be concerned with learning as they are concerned with getting good grades.

However, despite the above, this is not to imply that educational systems should do away with grading. Rather, grading and distinctions should not be the main objectives of education. Education should emphasize learning as opposed to getting an A in a class. In fact, grading systems should be adopted that foster learning – the discovery of the previously unknown - and creative thinking among students. It should not be made a competitive arena, like a sport. Notwithstanding, I do concede that grading does encourage hardwork and dedication among students, by rewarding those who put in effort towards their education. This may help spur students to take their education serious.

Sentence: True education has no respect for grades or distinctions, rather its chief purpose is to instigate interest in students so that they might understand the ramifications of the the things they study.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: Moreover, a grade emphatic education also discourages critical and creative thinking.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to grade and emphatic

Sentence: Education is a learning proocess.
Error: proocess Suggestion: process