Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni

Essay topics: Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Chukky's picture

The direction of scienctific exploration and research should never be determined by external factors or influences, rather science should be allowed to independently manifest itself. The demand to research in areas beneficial to mankind should not be a determinant for scientific progress.

“Science” is science. It is a body of knowledge studied simply to understand the fundamental underlying principle behind the workings of nature. Throughout human history, the course of science has never been dictated by necessity, but simple human curiosity. Of what immediate use to mankind in his time was the computation of Pi by Archimedes? Yet, it was the whole industry put into calculating the va ...

Note: Only testbig VIP readers can access the full content of this essay.

Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.