Essay topics: The following report appeared in the newsletter of the West Meria Public Health Council.
"An innovative treatment has come to our attention that promises to significantly reduce absenteeism in our schools and workplaces. A study reports that in nearby East Meria, where fish consumption is very high, people visit the doctor only once or twice per year for the treatment of colds. Clearly, eating a substantial amount of fish can prevent colds. Since colds represent the most frequently given reason for absences from school and work, we recommend the daily use of Ichthaid—a nutritional supplement derived from fish oil—as a good way to prevent colds and lower absenteeism."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
The author of this report advocates for the daily use of Ichtaid in order to prevent colds and lower absenteeism. The authors reasoning is based on the argument that fish oil helps prevent cold; however, the argument is lacking certain evidence needed to convince the public of the efficacy of such a recommendation.
The author cites the low doctor visit of East Meria, where fish consumption is high. The author therefore reasons that the cause for the low doctor visit in East Meria is the fish consumption. This is a case of a confusion of correlation with causality. The fact that the people of East Meria are healthy and at the same time eat a lot of fishes, does not suggest that fishes are ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 hours 14 min ago||aymenhamrouni||53||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||susmita07||72||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 days ago||sakshee||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||Dona Shin||58||Read full essay|
|10 months 15 hours ago||AMARDEEP KOUR GEDHU||58||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||Clark Jones||53||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||helpwithAWA||43||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||ribhunirek||64||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||ponponlu||79.3333||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||Pruthvi||43||Read full essay|
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (72.5)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (65)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a manufacturing company."During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces products (90)
- Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you dis (90)
- Claim: We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from those whose views contradict our own.Reason: Disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagre (90)
- The following is a letter to the editor of an environmental magazine."Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were (90)
- Evidence suggests that academic honor codes, which call for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated, are far more successful than are other methods at deterring che (82.5)
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to (62.5)
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of (82)
- Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which (95)