The following is a letter to the editor of an environmental magazine."Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were

Essay topics: The following is a letter to the editor of an environmental magazine.
"Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were abundant numbers of each species. However, in 2002 only four species of amphibians were observed in the park, and the numbers of each species were drastically reduced. One proposed explanation is that the decline was caused by the introduction of trout into the park's waters, which began in 1975. (Trout are known to eat amphibian eggs.)"
Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.

Chukky's picture

The author attributes the decline in amphibian population and specie number to the introduction of trout to park water. The trouts are known to eat amphibian eggs. However, the author does not consider other potential factors that could bring about a decline in the number of species and their population. This essay suggests other possible reasons for this decline.

Environmental and habitat conditions such as climate, temperature, humidity, water acidity etc. may be responsible for the decline in amphibians, especially the number of species. Perhaps certain species are well adapted to these kind of conditions, while others are less comfortable in these kinds of environment. This may lead t ...

Note: Only testbig VIP readers can access the full content of this essay.

Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.