Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Surely everyone has heard this expression, or some variations of its, from our parents or other adults " Good education is necessary impetus for a bright future of individuals, families and even societies ". The above claim presents that it is responsibility of educational institutions to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed so that every student has high probability to success and able to contribute their best for community. The assumption behind this claim is that school's masters really understand about student ability through academic examination and their information about different jobs is deep enough to estimate properly succeed rate of student in very professions. This assumption is completely unreasonable.

Firstly, students, especially who have a thought to their future career , are the ones with best understand about their ability and their passion; and they are also the ones who will go on these paths and ultimate decide whether they are flourished or failed. Secondly, how do we make sure that study at school is suitable or inspired for all students to fully develop their potentials so that from the examination results, we can know each student's potential in a particular field. For example, Sir John Gordon, 2012 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine for his great discovery of possible reproduction using somatic cell nuclear transfer, had bad school report as a young student and his teacher even said that he would have no chance to success in Biology. Sir John Gordon have shared that only in university, he started to have interested in Biology but with great passion and reverence, he was still able to achieve the most prestigious prize in science. This example demonstrates that as long as you keep pursuing your dream, you will be successful whatever your start from the beginning, only that you need to put more effort.

Other argue that it is originated from a dedicated care for students that prompt adults to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are at the lower start than average. However, the school's master usually judge the ability of student and think about suffer or success from their own perspective rather than from student's perspectives. They forgot that they, even interact with student days after days, may not comprehend their students' talents and desires. They afraid that their student would be suffer as the failure. But for may be for someone, being forced to give up or lacking of courage to follow their heart's wat may be a more smoldering ache of regret than failure itself.

Another argument supporting above statement is to avoid a huge waste of social resource and family investment for students that pursuit the field of study in which they are likely to fail. These people have forget that only with continuous and ambitious dream together with the determination, human can move forward. For instance, Edison had failed 2000 times before the first bulb was made. Remember we have been achieving all our knowledge by trial and error - like a idiom in English that I always tell myself "you never know what you can until you try". Discouraging students to pursuit what they want also mean encouraging they to stop trying what may work efficiently and just follow what surely works. If everyone followed routine life, we had have no bulb because Edison had never dare to make one. We did not have nuclear energy because Einstein had had no courage to follow physics and the theory of Relativity might still have been remained to be discovered as Einstein was too bad in Physics in his schooldays.

Institutions, instead of discourage students to a particular pathway, should introduce them to variety of options as well as giving them as much as possible information about these options so that their students can choose the most suitable pathway for them. School-masters and family should only be a guider and facilitator but never decider.

Sentence: Surely everyone has heard this expression, or some variations of its, from our parents or other adults '
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a comma
Suggestion: Refer to its and ,

Sentence: They afraid that their student would be suffer as the failure.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to They and afraid

Sentence: But for may be for someone, being forced to give up or lacking of courage to follow their heart's wat may be a more smoldering ache of regret than failure itself.
Description: The token for is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to for and may

Sentence: These people have forget that only with continuous and ambitious dream together with the determination, human can move forward.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and forget

Sentence: Discouraging students to pursuit what they want also mean encouraging they to stop trying what may work efficiently and just follow what surely works.
Description: The tag a pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by to
Suggestion: Refer to they and to