The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The argument bases its claim on the evidence that the percentage of positive reviews from critics have increased over the past year, and saying that even such there is a decline in the number of audience, clearly means that the positive raves of the critics are not reaching them. The argument have attributed only this reason for the decline in the audience and also says that improving this only will help them restore their viewership. The argument basing its judgement only on one factor that too not is not very clear, does not look convincing at all.

The argument says that fewer people attended super screen produced movies. With out giving proper analysis as to why there is a decline in the movies, they have hastly jumped to the conclusion. Is that the people who were the prime audience of super screen movies surveyed, regarding what has led them to watch super screen produced movies less. Is it the lack of quality, or is it the films are getting repititive. Or there is much better options available from other productions. Or simply there is lack of ineterst in movie watching, and the same phenomenon is being observed in all other production companies. The production company also needs to survey the market and get a taste of what currently is the preference of audience at large. This, they should compare with what they are offering and make a call. Unless and until the producers are certain about the exact reasons for the decline in their viewership, making any conclusions would be futile.

Again the argument says that, the percentage of positive reviews from critics have increased, but the queastion remains is, by how much? Even a point increase in percentage will be called a positive increase but will have no practical consequences.Also, as we have seen that now a days there are a bevy of amateur critics in the market. If the increase in reviews are due to them, whose words does not command serious intepretation form general public, it will be of no use. The director of the production company must first ensure that , whether the increase in positive reviews are marginal or major. Also who exactly are the positive reviewers, and if they command wide acceptability or not. Examining from such a viewpoint, will help the director take more comprehensive and informed judgement.

Another important aspect to look at is, often the reviews are not in accordance with the public taste. The production company must also need to see, if they are making movies to please the critics or the viewers. If the critics do tend to regard their movies highly but there is still lack in viewership, then they must focus on the taste and demands of the general public.

Looking solely from arguments perspective, it does not look reasonable at all, there are major assumptions and insufficient data to make any informed judgement. Revealing any more information as discussed above in the passage will surely give us a better picture and also the advertising director would be able to devise a better strategy.

Sentence: Is it the lack of quality, or is it the films are getting repititive.
Error: repititive Suggestion: repetitive

Sentence: Or simply there is lack of ineterst in movie watching, and the same phenomenon is being observed in all other production companies.
Error: ineterst Suggestion: interest

Sentence: Again the argument says that, the percentage of positive reviews from critics have increased, but the queastion remains is, by how much?
Error: queastion Suggestion: question

Sentence: If the increase in reviews are due to them, whose words does not command serious intepretation form general public, it will be of no use.
Error: intepretation Suggestion: interpretation

two paragraphs for the 'positive reviews' are too much. You can argue the 'positive reviews' by one paragraph, another paragraph for the conclusion 'Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising.'. --No matter how much money will be putting on advertising, if the movie is not attractive, no body will be showing up in the cinema.