"It is a grave mistake to theorize before one has data."

“theory” is one of the foremost facets of science which all scienticts, from early ages until recent century, have tried to introduce new ones or expand the current theories. However, how they could achieve to this fact? In fact, have they established these theories merely by chance or they have collected a variety of datas? Nowadays, it is very blatant that all these kind of accomplishments are based on rigorous datas which have been gathered among period of time. Hence, collecting data is a substantial part that must be done before doing any theorization; otherwise it would contain serious damages might happen. I support the statement because of the following reasons.

Firstly, it is not acceptable by everyone that a theory has not any data. In another word, every theory is valuable when it has a strong background of data and information; otherwise, it will not be counted as precious scientific fact. For example, there was a great belief and theory which claims that the earth is flat. This idea was commonplace among ancient people in 16th century. They just repeat this theory base on their early believes while they had no proven and documented data which could support their claims. It was just a belief of their ancestors and they just unawarely follow it. After a few years, when Galileh can could gather some real datas based on proven facts, he presented a new theory which stated the earth is rounded not flat. As a comparison, the claim of Galileh can be taken into account as a valid and valuable theory because there were a vast number of subjective datas and information in its behind.

Secondly, each theory which has no data not only is invaluable, but also could be perilous for human. For example, imagine a student who wants to do a project in his chemical class and, he needs to do some experiments that can make a conclusion for the project. He started to do some experiments; meanwhile he decided to utilize a material which is toxic and he does not know about this fact. What will happen for the student? Could he draw a conclusion from his project? Absolutly not; because he probably would die! This simple example shows that making theory without any knowledge and understanding of datas will cause a lot of dangerous positions which might end to the death of someone.

As a summary, I really support the statement that it is a grave mistake to theorize without any data. This kind of action will not have any value in the science point of view; moreover, it could be extremely dangerous that anyone acts without data and information.

Sentence: theory is one of the foremost facets of science which all scienticts, from early ages until recent century, have tried to introduce new ones or expand the current theories.
Error: scienticts Suggestion: scientists