A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

The argument in extreme supports implementing a nationwide curriculum in all schools. Though there are a lot of positive benefits in implementing such a common curriculum, making it mandatory does not sound right.

A curriculum that is common for all the schools will majorly have a disadvantage of the students lacking knowledge in the specifics of their own state. The students might have a great knowledge about their nation but it is unacceptable if they are going to not know the intrinsic about the state they live in. They will not be able to appreciate their own cultural identity. Also, not all school might have the facilities such as staff to teach the nationalized syllabus.

Consider a country like India where all the states are diversified with different religions and languages and if they have to study a nationalized curriculum, they will find it difficult to survive in their own state for, even their basic necessities cannot be fulfilled without the knowledge about the state where they reside. They will also not be able to acquire jobs that require knowledge of the local language and there will be a huge competition for jobs that require just the national language. Such implications make it seem unfair to mandate a uniform curriculum all over.

Following the above debacles if implemented, we would not know who decides on the syllabus and how unbiased it would turn out to be. There might be different ruling parties supporting different cultures and leaders, which will make the students devoid of insight on other cultures and leaders. Even an unbiased syllabus is not very sure to help students after they get into college, for the colleges will have subjects in various realms and will differ from state to state.

Despite these negatives, nationalized curriculum will make it easier for a student to move schools between states, have equality between students. Nevertheless, it would be unwise to coerce the states to follow a common syllabus thus it would best if let to the states and communities to decide upon the curriculum.

it would best if let to the states and communities to decide upon the curriculum.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to if and let