A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about healthful eating. Therefore, the new Captain Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
Author stated that seafood dishes has increased by 30 percent during five years and concluded that new captain Seafood restaurant specialized in seafood should be open in that area. This argument is persuasive at first sight but when deeply investigates than require more statistical data and evidences to prove assumption to its best level.
Author told that recent study indicates that seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during five years but it isn't quite reasonable, during five years dishes consumption increased it isn't big deal and author hasn't provided data, how much restaurants has covered and how much people covered in this survey. Maybe this survey contained only one or two restaurants which provided seafood. Maybe some people selected this dishes only for testing purpose and after they would not eat this dishes anymore. Author hasn’t provided specific data about area people interest or likes about foods.
Further author stated that there were no specific seafood restaurants and author failed to give statistics. Maybe in past someone established restaurant and failed to earn profit and reputation. Maybe good seafood restaurant outside this area and people used to with it and not preferred new restaurant.
Further more, Author writer stated that majority of families in city are two-income families but it doesn’t mean that they definitely would come to this new restaurant. There would go to the other restaurants in this city which sold seafood from many years. So, there is risk to taking major step to invest in this new area. Survey collected information from whole nation but this area was part of the nation so, we couldn’t predict the same result in this area that people preferred restaurants food. Survey was placed some years ago but at current time author isn’t sure about the people’s lifestyle. Current people are health conscious than maybe other restaurants would be face problem.
In sum up, writer has to think about the competitor, people’s interest and other factors to establish new Captain seafood restaurant. So, argument requires evidences and premises to conclude this major step.
- In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patro 57
- To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve 58
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a controlled laboratory study of liquid hand soaps, a concentrated solution of extra strength UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful bact 50
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. 50
- A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f 70
some people selected this dishes
some people selected this dish
Argument 1 and Argument 2 can be put in one argument for 'A recent sales study'
Argument 3 -- OK
Need one more argument talking about whether 'Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable.'
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 17 15
No. of Words: 354 350
No. of Characters: 1782 1500
No. of Different Words: 175 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.338 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.034 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.487 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 132 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 87 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 59 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 41 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 20.824 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.804 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.412 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.347 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.57 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.101 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5