Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns w

"Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society."
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented above.

Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Some other people have the opinion that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would be better to produce a moral society. I agree with the latter half since logical reasoning forms the basis of morally sound decisions and I proceed to indicate the reason for my views.

The people who agree with providing younger generation education foundation on morality most likely believe that it would impart moral values in children and help them become responsible citizens when they grow up. This is a very parochial view as a mere knowledge of moral behavior would not help children take effective decisions at crucial stages in their life. Admittedly, moral education would provide a basic gist of what kind of behavior is moral and acceptable to the society, but it cannot cover case-by-case decisions that the people would have to take when they are beset with unprecedented situations. On the other hand, education with foundation in logical reasoning would imbue a sense of reasoning every decision taken and it would make people capable of deciding for themselves what kind of behavior is moral, and which is not.

Logical reasoning is using logic to derive conclusions and make decisions having knowledge of all dependent factors and taking them into consideration. This allows people to take effective decisions in crucial times and precludes emotional and impetuous judgement. It inculcates a sense of independence and responsibility as the implications of the decision would be considered, along with morality. For instance, moral education would include moral values to be followed in the society. But during difficult testing times, without logical reasoning, a person is bound to flounder and make decisions that are immoral and could have negative consequences. To prevent such a situation, logical reasoning should be applied to take moral decisions.

In summary, logical reasoning should be the foundation of education as it inculcates a sense of taking effective and moral decisions at crucial stages in life. Imparting moral education alone would provide a narrow outlook and not help people decide effectively when faced with challenging problems. Education should help citizens apply logical reasoning, considering morality and other consequences of the decision they make.