True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su

True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Some people may contend that outcome is only the factor that can measure true success whereas others argue that true success is measurable by the goals one sets for oneself. Admittedly, both ideas are equally important, and, in fact, history informs us that these two approaches are mutually exclusive. However, as far as historical and present successful persons, the idea that it is possible to measure true success by one’s goal is crucial.

The chief reason for my assertion lies in the definition of true success. If we define true success as the situation that one can feel satisfactory, we can have a certain level of agreement that one’s goal can measure true success. Let us clarify this point by using several examples.

First, most people who own their own goals or aims are highly motivated because they do desire to achieve their goals. Educational statistics inform us that students who aim to become a great scholars are usually better on exams than students who do not. Besides, employees who have concrete goals on their jobs are also better than other employees. Not only statistics but also historical facts also infer this tendency. Einstein continuously studied physics, even though his professor told him that no extra field had existed in physics. Without a doubt, these stories prove that people who possess goals or aims are motivated more than those who do not.

Second, people who have attained their goals had their goals. Einstein, as I mentioned, had clear aim to study physics further. Dr. Yamanaka, a Japanese Nobel Prize winner, thought that his vocation was to provide reasonable treatment for cancer patients. Besides, in business field, Mr. Hiroshi Mikitani, CEO of Rakuten Inc., established his company because he would like to revitalize Japanese companies. If they did not have these aims, it is obvious that they could not attain this success. Hence, setting one’s goal is the fundamental factor to achieve one’s ideal.

However, still some opponents contend that goals do not guarantee the achievement of success. It is true that there are a lot of people who could not achieve their original goals; however, to tell the truth, people can change their goal whenever. If one finds that he cannot reach his goal, he can find and pursue another goal. A graduate students can shift his goal from to be a Nobel Prize winner to become a scholar.

I strongly believe that true success is able to be measured in terms of goals one sets for oneself as far as true success is defined as the situation that one can feel satisfactory. This is because one who owns one’s goals is highly motivated, and one who achieves one’s ideal has one’s goal. Even if one understands that one cannot attain one’s goals, it is possible to change their aims.