To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
I agree with the statement presented only to some extend as major cities are often cultural and business centers for a society, but their ability to express the most important characteristics of a group is ambiguous. Thus I find this argument quite contentious.
Although being enlightenment centers, which allure people and engender spread of new thought, metropolises represent blend of cultures and consequently remit the perception and sense of one particular culture. Probably you can see unique way of living in New York, Berlin or London, but not authentic and archaistic, they are asylums for many nationalities and different individuals. Moreover we have too many prejudices about such places and they are often very disobedient, loud and pragmatic.
But on the other hand, from the historical perspective major cities become major not accidentally, they had some unrepeatable preconditions for growth and grandeur. Such places corroborated and adopted some features from each other.
If to speak about Rome, in all its splendour, the city of legends that can really be associated not only with size, strength, political and business importance, but with important characteristics of the society, so it also can be argued that the longer community in the area exists, the more important it is and the more benefits it yields to the people.
Nonetheless, it is said that to feel the spirit and try the cuisine one must visit the village as it is actual heart and soul of the society.
To sum up, it is up to the person to judge where for him or her is better to learn the portrait of unfamiliar society, but generally to find novelty and uniqueness is better to go to smaller and “not major” place, but to adjust to national living and habits is better in bid surrounding.
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni 47
- Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.Write a response in which you discuss the extent 74
- To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve 60
- The following appeared as part of a letter to the editor of a scientific journal."A recent study of eighteen rhesus monkeys provides clues as to the effects of birth order on an individual's levels of stimulation. The study showed that in stimulating situ 40
- In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement 67
Sentence: Probably you can see unique way of living in New York, Berlin or London, but not authentic and archaistic, they are asylums for many nationalities and different individuals.
Error: archaistic Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 297 350
It is not well organized. Better to support just one side. Read this user's essays to get ideas:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 3.5 out of 6
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 10 15
No. of Words: 297 350
No. of Characters: 1447 1500
No. of Different Words: 175 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.151 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.872 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.846 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 100 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 71 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 54 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 39 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 29.7 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 16.739 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.9 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.336 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.67 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.117 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5