To understand the most important characteristics of society, one must study it's major cities.

I am not in favor of the suggestion that to understand the most important characteristics of a society, one should study its major cities. As most of the population of any country does not live in its major cities, any study that is conducted in any major cities may not yeld the same conclusion outside metropolis.

The criteria of major cities cannot be generalized. every nation varies in development as well as in number of major cities. For instance, India has the second largest population but it hardly has only four major cities. But on the other hand, western countries hav population that is way to less and the number of major cities in the west is more. Hence judging a society only on basis of its major cities is not appropriate. All the societies cannot be properly judged on the parameter of study only its metropolis.

Another important thing to be considered is that the culture and lifestyle of people living in mega cities is different from those living outside it. For example, in India, people in the cities use electronic gagets like washing machines and ovens to assist in their household work, while people living in villages still do washing and cooking chores manually. This important difference in lifestyle will be ignored if only major cities are considered.

Also people living outside metropolis tend to suffer less from health issues as compared to people living in metropolis. The changes in climate and surrounding and its impact on the human life should be considered while judging a societys characteristics.

A fact that may counter this argument is that major cities attract people from all regions and cultures as they offer better opportunities. They shelter people from diverse backgrounds and ethinicity unlike rural areas or small towns, which is usually dominated by people following similar customs and culture. A fine example is Mumbai, which is a residence to people belonging to various regions, religions and culture. But one fact that cannot be ignored is that, the original characteristics of a particular culture are modified in a major city, while the same is retained in a town or a rural area.

Hence a study of major cities is not sufficient to judge any society. The parameter of major city is just not vast enough to analyse the true culture and customs. So is it necessary to study the characteristics of rural areas, towns and smaller cities to get appropriate results.

Sentence: As most of the population of any country does not live in its major cities, any study that is conducted in any major cities may not yeld the same conclusion outside metropolis.
Error: yeld Suggestion: yield

Sentence: But on the other hand, western countries hav population that is way to less and the number of major cities in the west is more.
Error: hav Suggestion: have