Essay topics: 1. Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The author adduces that there should be the obligation of questioning and answering during the teaching period, instead of passively acceptance by the students. This is the claim with which I generally do concur; among the countless reasons which give adherence to my viewpoint, I would list the most conspicuous ones to rear my standpoint.
The first striking reason which should be considered is the effect of participation in the teaching process over learning proficiency. Indeed, the action of questioning pursues the mind to follow the content of discussion more effectively; furthermore, the learning covers the big portion of discussed points during the teaching. On the other hand, in the passive way of participation in the class, the mind gets to the one-directional mood in which the possibility of the distraction from the main topic is so high. This fact is verified by the recently conducted study by Psychology Department of Tehran University. According to this refreshing intelligence research, the level of efficiency of mind, in data obtaining aspect, declines by approximate of forty percent when its interaction with the topic is passively and without the understanding the progression of its logic. Therefore, the method of querying the content of the lesson by the students causes to the high stand of interaction with the context of the course and enhances the ratio of learned issues.
Another equal striking reason is the explicit feedback of possible weakness in the topic which is obtained by the instructors. In fact, the questioned fields represent areas that students have difficulty for its understanding; according to these report and feedback, the teacher informs about the possible mistakes and failure which students will have in the future; consequently, the progression of the teaching will be aligned to the path which covers these issues. This acknowledges and matching between the method of teaching and the cognition level of students gets more weight and value when the continuousness of lessons’ contents is considered. In another word, since the lessons in any field possesses a process and its content in any level is relevant to the previously discussed topic, the understanding and prevention of the possible problem in its initial stage will be more beneficial in the future learning speed and efficiency.
Finally, this point also should be highlighted that this questioning is a challenge for instructors to present the topic comprehensively and at an advanced level. Although the number of teachers who teach the lessons in the superficial level is few, this querying prevents this number of teachers to present the shallow understanding from the topic. As students have interaction during the teaching processes, they can go steps further than the presented issue, and willing to know more than the privilege issue discussed in the book. In this scenario, instructors are forced to present and cover the topic from the various and entire aspects to fulfill these upper-level questions. Thus, the status of education in the school will be raised.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons explicitly depict the positive impact of the questioning during the teaching process by the students which increases the brain’s interaction with topic, give a lucid picture about the student possible mistakes and boost the taught contents.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||atharva1996||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 5 days ago||ifxcuo||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||scremer||100||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||anandpitale||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||nikkk||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||partha159||83||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||Mohit Raghuvanshi||70||Read full essay|
|4 months 6 days email@example.com||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||krishnaprasad7||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||wenye||54||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)