Essay topics: Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
The author claims that the benchmark of the greatness in a society is not the success of the ruler, artists, or the scientists. The writer further reasons that the sole indicator of greatness id the comfort of the national. I generally disagree with this claim and its adhesive clue. While I concur the welfare of the people is the criterion of a great society, it is not the sole one.
First of all, it is obvious fact that the comfort and satisfaction of the nation is an illustration of the well society which is governing by an effective leader. Actually, the basic and initial responsibility of each elected government is supporting the people who vote him and convince opponents who do not elect him. This effort for support leads to the preparation of welfare for the citizens. As the people satisfied by the presenting serves will also show the same support toward the governor. I prefer to give an example from my own country to explain my logic explicitly. Before the election of the current president, our country was not in the great state, and it had issues in the areas such as unemployment, insufficient health-care, and low-level of education. On the other hand, by the election of the current president, there was significant variation in the people life-standard which pursue people to elect him for the second period of presidency. This satisfaction and its caused verification by people are reflected in the result of the second election; in which 22.5% more people voted him in the comparison of his previous election.
Another striking factor which should be considered is the endless desire of the man-kind for thriving and flourishing. Actually, the human-being possesses the nature of perfection-seeking; and in each state of his life, he dreams to go beyond it and achieves more success. This desire is actuated in the case that he is fulfilled with his initial and basic demands. Otherwise, the huger or homeless person does not fantasy for the triumphing in science, art, or law. According to the statistical table presented in the Top Tens Website, the United States is ranked as the first successful country. Via the welfare and comfort that is presented in this country, its national freely look for the further steps of success. As there is no pressure and stress of hunger, shelter, and safety; the people nourished and thrived in the various fields. For example, Bill Gates in the field of technology, Mouhammad Ali in the area of sport, or Elvis Presley as the well-known singer become successful as they live in the great nation.
Finally, the logic of the consideration of the welfare of the people and ignorance of achievements of the people in the reason section is a shaky one. In this logic, the author overlooks the fact the successful artist, governor, science persons are a part of the same nation which he only emphasizes the welfare of its citizens. However, he underestimates the fact all these achievements and success is for the sake of the comfort presented in the society. They are successful persons who matured in this welfare nation and go further the public life standard and achieves those successes.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned arguments illustrates my stands toward this disposition and its clue. As discussed, the comfort of the people is crucial; however, in the further steps, the welfare leads to the achievement and success of the people in various fields which the ignorance of this fact is not the wise action.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||bill1441||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||natashasuzu||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 days ago||yoonjung1917@gm...||75||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||octa_08||50||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|9 months 4 weeks ago||a734547007||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||flowerft2007||66||Read full essay|
|3 years 11 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 1 month ago||someguy89||73.3333||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)