Essay topics: To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
A good leader is the one who takes responsibility for the society. The prompt states that an official who has moral laws and good ethical values will be an effective leader. In my opinion, I completely agree with the statement and argue that to become a good leader, official must stand on his grounds and follow his moral values.
To begin, people vote in a belief that the leader whom they chose will do some good for them. Every person votes for their leader by trusting him or her and it is the elected leader’s responsibility to fulfill the people’s necessities. For instance, if a person is elected but if he or she didn’t do anything for the society then people eventually start losing the trust in the government. No matter what how good the party is, it is the individual leader that creates an impact on the people. The above example states that, a leader must stand on his ground and should take care of the bare necessities.
Further, an effective leader is the one who has good ethics and moral values. Even if there is any chance of chaos or trouble, he or she must not go in an illegal way which will have an impact in the future. For instance, if there is any trouble to a particular area because of floods etc, the chosen leader must be the first one to take an initiative and help the people.
However, there are few cases where an effective leader is thrown back. Because of the corruption, leader who stands by his moral values will be out of the picture. For instance, in India, people will always elect on the basis of the money given to them rather than the quality of the official. In this way, a good leader will not be give money for the votes. But at the end, it is the person who gives bribe will be elected. The above mentioned example states that, how good the leader is, it all depends on the nature of the people.
Thus, in my conclusion, I strongly support the view that to become an effective leader a person must have good moral and ethical values so that people will be happy enough about it and will vote for the same leader if successful in the given tenure.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 weeks 18 hours ago||NobodyUp||79||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||harshit kukreja||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||roy.suro||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||seonjungkim||62||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||gaurang.rane||33||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 days ago||Sohaib270||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Reaz||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 weeks ago||inessad||62||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||himaantheone||50||Read full essay|
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im (49)
- To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In (58)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base bec (60)
- Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.Write a response in which yo (58)
- Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.Write a response in which yo (50)
- Pirouettes Ballet School is the clear choice for any child. Of all the dance schools in Elmtown, Pirouettes has the most intensive program, and our teachers have danced in the most prestigious ballet companies all over the world. Many of our students have (60)
- Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through lar (50)
- "All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville have involved teenage drivers. Since a number of parents in Centerville have co (38)
- In any profession — business, politics, education, government — those in power should step down after five years.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position (58)
- "During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces products very similar to those produced at our factory, but its work shifts are one h (57)