Essay topics: To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
successful leaders are what makes a nation successful. leaders are an important part of any society and how they rule their society has significant effect on its people. some people believe that the most important quality that makes a leader successful is moral and ethical standards. While on the other hand, some says that other qualities of leader such as trust of people and one insightfulness matter the most. I believe with the prompt that leaders should maintain the higher moral and ethical standards.
To begin with, having good morals will prevent those in power from misusing their power. For example, a public officer in city municipal might allocate fund illegally to himself designated for city’s parks. moreover, if a public officer lacks ethics then he might be careless in fulfilling duties and taking on the responsibilities of the position. Consequently, the public fund that comes from taxes of people’s hard earned money will not be utilized correctly and become wasted. therefore, having good morals in leaders and public officials are important to ensure the successful operations of the public departments.
Furthermore, it the leaders lack moral standards, then not only they will become corrupt themselves but also will be reluctant to maintain corruption free society. For example, if the prime minister is corrupt, then not only he will do corruption himself, but will also be less motivated to keep a check and balance on corruption of his ministers. moreover, if a leaders is corrupt, then the people in society also become like corrupt believing that they are less likely to be held accountable since the leader itself is corrupt. As a result, the corruption in the society rises. therefore, in order to maintain good moral standards in the society, a leader should vigilant toward any corrupt activities happening, but that can only occur if the leader is itself not corrupt.
On the other hand, people contrary to the view will say that other qualities of leader such as the trust of people in them matter more than anything for a leader to be effective. Although, trust of people are crucial for the success of leader, people can only trust a leader if he is truthful, have corruption free career and serve to the demands of people. this is only possible if the leader posses good moral and ethical standards.
In summary, good morals and ethics are the most important qualities that a leader can possess. this qualities are basis that makes a leader gain trust among people and become successful. having good morals will not only prevent leader from misusing their power and neglecting their duties, but will also lead them to keep strict check and balance on the activities of others. moreover, good morals will help the leader to gain the trust of people, which is plays an important part in the success of any leader.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||NobodyUp||79||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||harshit kukreja||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 days ago||roy.suro||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||seonjungkim||62||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||gaurang.rane||33||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||Krishna Prasad||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 days ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Reaz||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||inessad||62||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||himaantheone||50||Read full essay|
- Many people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems.What are these problems and how could they be reduced? (67)
- Many museum charge for admission while others are free.Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children). (84)
- In countries the average weight of people are increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? (78)
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.Give reasons for you (73)
- The table below gives information about UK independent films. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (11)
- The table below gives information about UK independent films.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.Write at least 150 words.IELTS Writing Task 1 (11)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.The Internet is now used all around the world as a source of information and communication. However, it's often controversial, so many people think it needs to be controlled. Others believe there should (73)
- In any situation, progress requires discussion among people who have contrasting points of view.Some people claim that the goal of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. Others argue that the goal should be finding common ground and reaching reasonab (50)
- To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to addre (58)