Because people increasingly eat at restaurants, all restaurants should be required to display nutritional information about the meals they serve. This knowledge makes it easier for diners to make healthy choices and reduces the risk of diet related health

Because people increasingly eat at restaurants, all restaurants should be required to display nutritional information about the meals they serve. This knowledge makes it easier for diners to make healthy choices and reduces the risk of diet related health problems.

People’s health is one of the most important issues in any society. Many doctors are concerned about people’s diet and by the increasing rate of people having food in restaurants this theory seems logical that by making restaurants display nutritional information on the food they serve and let people learn more about the food they order they will have more control on their diet and would be easier to make healthy choices and so the rate of health risks can be reduced. However, a close examination on this issue reveals that this solution may have some disadvantageous or difficulties at first but the advantageous are much greater.

Studies show, for example healthy food lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart diseases and by contrast, food with rich in fat and calories increases the risk of diabetes and obesity.

At one side restaurant’s owners may not be happy about being required to put the nutritional information on their food because first of all they and their workers have to increase their knowledge about nutrition informations and foods and this seems time consuming and costly and may result in increasing food prices. Second, with putting the nutrition information on foods there is the risk for restaurants that they will lose many costumers on fat and unhealthy food they serve so they may lose some benefits. However they must realize that when costumers see that the restaurants care about their health they will feel more satisfied of them and restaurants may look for healthier ways to prepare their meal.

On the second side by requiring restaurants to put nutrition information on foods, people’s knowledge about food would eventually grow and the chance of preventing so many health problems that are caused by poor nutrition foods may increase. Many curing and hospitality costs can be reduced and people may have a happier life.

It may now be clear that by requiring restaurants to put nutrition information on food they serve has greater advantageous to the restaurants and the costumers and will help improve the societies health. So by adding this requirement every single will benefit.

Need to argue two aspects:

1. This knowledge will make it easier for diners to make healthy choices //the third paragraph

2. This knowledge will reduce the risk of diet related health problems //you don't have

--------------------------