The best way to teach whether as an educator employer or parent is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your positio

The best way to teach — whether as an educator, employer, or parent — is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

As said by Dale Carnegi, “Animals treated for good behavior tend to learn more quickly, than the ones punished for bad behavior.” This applies to us – humans – too. The prompt recommends that the finest way to teach is to applaud the good deeds and ignore the bad ones. In my opinion, I am consonant with the first statement, but dissonant with the latter one because of the following reasons.

To begin, for children, home is the first school where children’s future is shaped to the great extent. In other words, parents play a major role in deciding the behavior, and attitude of their children. For instance, we can take the example of the behavior of the children raised in foster care, and the children raised by their parents. A recent study conducted on above mentioned two types of children shows that the children who are raised in foster care tend to have a mercurial mood, and prefer isolation; whereas, children raised by their parents have a tranquility and kind nature towards other people. This example illustrates that children are shaped based on how they behaved in past. So, should be loved and praised to do good work. Saying that we cannot erase the fact that, they should be corrected mildly while doing mistakes, rather than criticized or punished severely.

Similarly, school is the second home of the children; where they can be taught about different subjects, and consequently, they are made to decide their future on their own. It is possible that the students can make mistakes while learning. Their mistakes shouldn’t be overlooked; but in fact, their mistakes should be pointed out and should be made sure that such mistakes won’t be repeated in the future. Only by doing so, children can be shaped to solve their problems on their own.

Further, learning is a continuous process, and people learn practical knowledge while working. People can truly learn only from their mistakes. For instance, we are in this present world by making a lot of mistakes, and learning and improving from such mistakes. So, it is obvious that people make mistakes while working. The employer should note such mistakes and guide the worker not to repeat the same mistakes repeatedly. Berating the workers for such mistakes may cause the feeling of resentment, and eventually, such mentality might affect the whole organization or company as a whole.

In sum, condemning the wrong actions have only negative impacts. So, the mistakes should be corrected affectionately. And awarding good behavior has great significance as mentioned above.