Essay topics: Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
What is the surest indicator representing a great nation? The welfare of all its people, not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists? As far as I'm concerned, I disagree the statement that it uses the superlative degree of both indicators to measure a great nation. Either is difficult to answer this question. And it is too narrow to use these two indicators to understand the greatness of a state, but should analyze from more various perspectives.
First of all, it is indeed an important indicator to measure a great nation from the welfare of all its people----health, comfort, happiness. Any country should regard the welfare of its people as its primary assignment. There are three major reasons. Firstly, the stability of a nation comes from its satisfaction of all of its people, such as the necessities of life, the medication and prevention of diseases, the good education, the safety, fairness, equality. Secondly, the public is the cornerstone of the growth of a nation's wealth. No one can deny that the development of a nation doesn't base on its citizens' hard work, on their wisdom and industriousness. Thirdly, the goal of a nation is to help its people seek for freedom, equality and fairness. If no nation were not concerned about the general welfare of its people, anarchy, chaos, criminality would spread to all the country, not to mention its greatness. According to the World Happiness Index in 2016, Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway are the countries of the highest happiness index, which supply their people with high income, free compulsory education, good medical services, and high benefits. How happy people live in such countries.
However, one cannot forget that the good welfare of a nation can hardly do without the achievements of its rulers, artists, and scientists. It is well known that rulers with fairness and justice can efficiently coordinate the resources allocation and solve the conflict among members of a society, that artists with different fields provide people with mental pleasure and comfort, and inspiration, that scientists create the amenities of daily life and bring people into deeply understanding the nature of human beings and exploring the mystery of the cosmos. Who would solve such problems as financial crisis that seriously damage the benefits of ordinary people, as natural disasters that destroy millions of people's homes, as life in difficulty and danger that may kill a man, if there were no achievements of rulers, artists, and scientists. How important the achievements of rulers, artists and scientists play a key role in a great nation.
Of course, don't leave the devotion of the public in a nation out, who remain obscure but also play the same significance as the elites like rulers, scientists do. The grass root employees from diverse industries toil for the growth of wealth of enterprises and a nation. For instance, peasants produce food, workers manufacture industrial products, construction workers build offices and apartments, technicians solve practical technical problems, angels in white take care of our health, and so on. How inseparable the jobs of these men are the part of a great nation.
Last but not least, a nation not only devotes itself to its citizens' welfare, but help other countries improve their backward situations, isn't such country great? For example, America supply all kinds of assistance for African people, such as training leaders, transferring high-tech, financial aid, and so on. In modern days, the development of any country to some degree benefits from the diffusion of international knowledge, technology and capital. Most importantly, scientists in various countries in the world contribute their creation and invention to the well-being of the humans. Isn't these countries great?
In conclusion, it is not adequate to use the superlative indicator to measure the greatness of a nation, which can be represented by multiple reference index from different sides. Each country in the world may have its great aspect, the speech right of which lies in man using what standard to judge.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Roshan Dhakal||66||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||bill1441||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||natashasuzu||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||yoonjung1917@gm...||75||Read full essay|
|11 months 5 days ago||octa_08||50||Read full essay|
|11 months 3 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|11 months 3 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||a734547007||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
- "Jazz music is extremely popular in the city of Monroe: over 100,000 people attended Monroe's annual jazz festival last summer, and the highest-rated radio program in Monroe is 'Jazz Nightly,' which airs every weeknight. Also, a number of well-known jazz (83)
- "During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Experts say that significant contributing factors in many on-the-job acc (69.5)
- "Several factors indicate that radio station KNOW should shift its programming from rock-and-roll music to a continuous news format. Consider, for example, that the number of people in our listening area over fifty years of age has increased dramatically, (66)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada’s arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, (58)
- "According to a recent report from our marketing department,during the past year,fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year.And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies ac (50)
- "Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productions. In spite of increased advertising, we are attracting fewer and fewer people to our shows, causing our profits t (66)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."The population on Balmer Island doubles during the summer months. During the summer, then, the town council of Balmer Island should decrease the maximum number of moped rental (66)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."The population on Balmer Island doubles during the summer months. During the summer, then, the town council of Balmer Island should decrease the maximum number of moped rentals (66)
- The population on Balmer Island doubles during the summer months. During the summer, then, the town council of Balmer Island should decrease the maximum number of moped rentals allowed at each of the island's six moped and bicycle rental companies from 50 (66)
- "A recent study of eighteen rhesus monkeys provides clues as to the effects of birth order on an individual's levels of stimulation. The study showed that in stimulating situations (such as an encounter with an unfamiliar monkey), firstborn infant monkeys (88.6667)