College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs

Student life is said to be golden life and it can only be a golden if a student does what he like to spend his valuable time learning his interested subject which he would like to take up as a career too.A student must always study what his heart wishes.I completely stand by the fact that a student should take up subjects which interests him more that any other subject and wishes to take the same subject as his career.

In this competitive world there has been lot of pressure on young generation to pursue their careers which are in trend rather than to take up subjects which they are interested.In this current 20th century there has been a lot of young engineering graduates flowing out of universities and out of these graduates only around 20% of them had dreamed of becoming an engineer.The remaining 80% are those who followed the current generations employment opportunities.They were trained mentally to believe that through only being an engineer one can earn his/her bread and butter and they were persuaded to take up engineering as their stream through negative motivation. Apparently the career of the 80% will be good in the initial years but one's their enthusiasm dries out as they start to feel suffocated and regret not following their dream unlike the remaining 20% who succeed to highest level as they love to do what they are doing it indirectly influences their career and reach their dream job.

There are also some cases where the the student will not have the luxury to pursue their dreams. They might be having financial troubles which hinders them from taking up their subjects.For example a student wishing to study medicine cannot afford to pay fee of the institution and inevitably had to take up pure science courses as to support his family in very near future by getting job.

Cases like above explained are less in percent.But,the one who still can afford to take up their dream subjects should not in any case pay heeds to the opinions of the society.In my own case where my sister was initially suggested to take take up engineering turned down the suggestions and took what her heart suggested to pursue. She took medicine , if she had taken engineering she wouldn't have been an innovative engineer but chose to be a good surgeon.Everyone reach their expertise when the knowledge about a subject is enormously deep and this can happen when a student does more research.This is possible only when they truly believe and love the subject.

If a person is not liking his job and still doing the job just to become wealthy and for the sake of the society I am pretty sure the company fails to do good and he will not find peace at home or in office. Nation will be economically and peacefully healthy only when the people are doing good at their work and this can only be possible if they love what they do.

Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.