The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central

The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner.

"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the number of skateboard users in the plaza. There has also been a dramatic increase in the amount of litter and vandalism throughout the plaza. Thus, we recommend that the city prohibit skateboarding in Central Plaza. If skateboarding is prohibited here, we predict that business in Central Plaza will return to its previously high levels."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The reasons given by central plazza requesting the the city to prohibit the skateboarders are baseless.The recommendations do not have a strong base on which the actions could be taken against skateboarding. The plaza should be having all the types and interests accumulated so as to attract lots of customers.

In the first argument we can see that popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. By this we can infer that even though it was there since very long time it hadn't made its impact but now it is selling itself like a honeypot. It is possible that the interests for skateboarding has increased in general population. This is nothing to do with buying or shopping products because people who come only for shopping does buy things and if they have been only for the skateboarding they would skate. As a result the latter must increase the the business rather than decreasing it.

The second argument I would like to put forth is that the plaza store owners have lost interest in selling products as they made huge amount of profits in the initial years and after this they were neither properly selling products or opening the shops itself as they filled to the brim financially. Once the money was getting emptied they might have passed the platoon of blame on to skateboarding. As a result of improper conduct of customers by the owners would have led to the increase in skateboarding business as the people found at least the huge plaza was up for some useful purpose.

Third argument is the increase in vandalism and litter. This is completely base less because there is no sufficient evidence that only the skate boarders were only littering the plaza. No data has been collected and can be dismissed as a spurious fact. Before the booming of skateboarding interests people were flowing into the plaza for shopping and when there a so many people for shopping alone littering would have been a common factor that time also. But as the business was going well the plaza owners hardly cared for that. But now when there is decrease in shopping they are just putting the blame on skateboarding in order to escape from their own mistakes. And there is no proper evidence also that it was skateboarders only who were responsible for vandalism it could be general public also.

One can debase the fact of prohibiting skateboarding . The store owners suggestion can be eliminated completely and there is no strong reason as to prohibition of skating will increase the reduced shopping or business.

Sentence: As a result the latter must increase the the business rather than decreasing it.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: The store owners suggestion can be eliminated completely and there is no strong reason as to prohibition of skating will increase the reduced shopping or business.
Suggestion: Refer to owners and suggestion

--------------------

argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

--------------------