Essay topics: Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester
studying in a foreign country.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the
recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and
supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the
recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape
The speaker asserts that colleges and universities should require their students to study in a foreign country for at least one semester. From my perspective, it is true that learning in foreign countries can bring a myriad of benefits to the students, However, the statement is too extreme for claiming that the schools should require all their students to do so for a semester.
For starters, we shall admit that learning in other countries, where the culture may be diametrically different from the one in our country, is conducive to the development of student. It can help the students to absorb new knowledge in certain areas, which can stimulate their inspiration and offer new thinking methods which can enhance their understanding of the fields they study in. For example, the students who learn Chemistry or Biology may choose to participate in the exchange programme to America since the professional knowledge and the machines in the laboratory there are extremely advanced. Also, students who major Art can study in any region all over the world due to the fact that it is beneficial for them to appreciate and absorb various genres and acquire brand inspiration. Hence, the statement raises valid points for asserting that learning in a foreign country can really help students in some aspects.
However, we should avoid taking the statement to the extreme. Even though studying in foreign countries is beneficial, it is improper for the universities to require all their students to do so because it is unnecessary under certain circumstance. For instance, if the fields students learn in are based on the culture of the local country, such as studying the minorities in China, they do not need to go to a strange country to acquire knowledge since the objects they research on are all in the local countries. Even if they can use foreign theory to interpret the field, it is still of no sense for them to go to a foreign country. Hence, under this scenario, the suggestion is useless for some students and they should not be enforced to study aboard.
What’s more, the colleges should consider about the feasibility of this action exhaustively before they cursorily implement it. The financial and language factors should never be overlooked. First, will the students get financial support from the schools? It is entirely possible that the funds may be insufficient, so the colleges are not capable of affording the fee of this program for every student. Also, it is not realistic to ask the students to pay the fee by themselves since it may impose heavy burden on their families, especially those from impoverished families. Except that the funds are adequate to pay for the program, it is hasty to implement this suggestion. Moreover, the language is another obstacle. Not every student are able to master a foreign language in a short time, thus it may be so it may difficult for them to live overseas for a semester. Taking all of these possibilities into consideration, the feasibility of the statement is dubious.
Overall, it is true that learning aboard may be conducive to the students in certain areas. However, in most cases, it is not reasoning and feasible to enforce the students to study in foreign countries for a semester.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||kanyapr||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 day ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||nbonita984||22||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||numan947||50||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||kap||33||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 day ago||heshan007||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 day ago||SOUMEDHIK||58||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 day ago||SOUMEDHIK||50||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree: The way people dresses is a good indication of his or her personality or character. (73)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (90)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (76)
- Your school wants to improve the quality of students’ life in the dormitory. Which one of the following do you think the school should build in dorms? 1. a quiet study area; 2. an exercise room for students to keep physical well-being; 3. a room for ent (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One can learn a lot about another person from the books and the movies that the person likes. (73)
- What is the most useful action for people to help environment in their local communities? 1. plant trees and create parks; 2. persuade local shops to stop providing plastic bags for consumers; 3. increase access to public transportation (such as buses and (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to read or watch the news presented by people who have similar views than the news presented by those who have different views from you. (70)
- Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person, while some people think that it is a good quality for a person. Which do you prefer? (73)
- Some college teachers prefer to ask students to watch or listen to a recorded lecture before class. In class, they will ask students to do more practices about what they have learned from the lecture. Do you think this is an effective way and why? (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement? The universities should spend more money in improving facilities (libraries, computer labs) than hiring famous teachers. (85)