Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your rea

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Educational institutions have an important role to play in the national development. They determine the future of nation in the way they mould the students. In light of need to ensure that nation and the society reaps the benefits of knowledge of students, it is well within the responsibility of these institutions to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Firstly, it is important that student after attaining the degree puts it to best use possible. His success in his chosen field is not only important for his career but also for well functioning of the society. A degree holder who is not adept at practising his skills will be a burden and pure waste of potential resources as it involves significant opportunity cost. For example, let us suppose there is a student who enrolls in a degree for lawyer profession. If after a year the university feels that he does not possess the necessary critical reasoning skills for practising lawyer and there is no scope for improvement, the university should deter him from pursuing this field of study. He should be encouraged to pursue other fields that suit his aptitude.

Secondly, there are instances where due to inadequacy of knowledge about a particular field and also reasons like growing fad among society , students may chose a particular field. In those cases it is definitely the responsibility of the university to persuade the students to give up those fields in which they are unlikely to succeed. More often than not it should be done at entrance itself through various tests like aptitude tests, interviews etc.

On the other hand there are instances where students who do not appear to have the aptitude to succeed in particular course do succeed later on account of their attitude. They dig through with persistence and determination to succeed. HOwever, even in these instances it is well within the right of the universities to dissuade them. At same time it should not force any decision on the student. More often universities are well adept at knowing people who have this never say die attitude and provide the necessary resources to succeed in their chosen fields of endeavor.

In conclusion, educational institutions have an important role in the society that goes beyond merely imparting knowledge to actively ensuring that such knowledge is put to best use. Dissuading students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed is well within its responsibility. Any exceptions to this norm in form of students with never say die attitude could easily be incorporated.

Sentence: Firstly, it is important that student after attaining the degree puts it to best use possible.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to use and possible

Sentence: His success in his chosen field is not only important for his career but also for well functioning of the society.
Description: The word well is not usually used as an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to well

Sentence: For example, let us suppose there is a student who enrolls in a degree for lawyer profession.
Description: A WH-pronoun, nominative is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to who and enrolls

Sentence: Secondly, there are instances where due to inadequacy of knowledge about a particular field and also reasons like growing fad among society , students may chose a particular field.
Description: The fragment and also reasons is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace also with adjective

Sentence: More often than not it should be done at entrance itself through various tests like aptitude tests, interviews etc.
Description: An adverb is not usually followed by an End of sentence
Suggestion: Refer to etc.

Sentence: More often universities are well adept at knowing people who have this never say die attitude and provide the necessary resources to succeed in their chosen fields of endeavor.
Description: The fragment More often universities is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace often with adjective

Sentence: In light of need to ensure that nation and the society reaps the benefits of knowledge of students, it is well within the responsibility of these institutions to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.
Error: fields Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: A degree holder who is not adept at practising his skills will be a burden and pure waste of potential resources as it involves significant opportunity cost.
Error: practising Suggestion: practicing

Sentence: If after a year the university feels that he does not possess the necessary critical reasoning skills for practising lawyer and there is no scope for improvement, the university should deter him from pursuing this field of study.

Sentence: He should be encouraged to pursue other fields that suit his aptitude.

Error: may Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: fad Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In those cases it is definitely the responsibility of the university to persuade the students to give up those fields in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Error: etc. Suggestion: etch

Sentence: In conclusion, educational institutions have an important role in the society that goes beyond merely imparting knowledge to actively ensuring that such knowledge is put to best use.
Error: imparting Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Dissuading students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed is well within its responsibility.

-------------
arguments: OK
-------------