Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
The author contends that government officials should consider their own judgment before compromising the will of people they serve. This is a contention with which I generally disagree for the following reasons.
The first reason to ponder upon is that very nature of the democracy in which the will of people is of utmost importance. Abraham Lincoln states that “Government of the people, by the people, for the people.” As a matter of fact, cardinal responsibility of the government is to provide a more suitable life for the citizens, so if people have a demand from the government, those in power have to embrace their demand.
Another subtle point to be examined is the fact that rigid laws could bring about unfairness if applied inflexibly in all places all time. The framers of United States constitution recognized the need for both flexible legal systems and flexible laws by affording each state legal jurisdiction over all the matters within the borders of state. Perspicacious framers comprehend that social and economic problems, as well as fairness and equity, could legitimately change over the time and vary from region to region.
However, what I alluded to in the body paragraphs should not be overgeneralized. We should give some weight to the role of expert’s knowledge and experience in the decision-making process owing to the fact that government officials who are selected directly or indirectly by the people usually have felicitous knowledge, political and financial acumen which enables them to delve into the subjects and consider different aspects of them before making a decision. For instance, people who live in rural areas and lack even basic information about a foreign country, should not interfere in country’s minister of foreign decisions.
In light of the above mentioned reasons, one can conclude that government authorities have to make decisions which are in accord with public desire and public perception of government performance is really important. Of course people should not be involved in detail any minor details which they do not have adequate information about them.
- Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni 70
- All college and university students would benefit from spending at least one semester studying in a foreign country.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the posit 50
- Claim The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint Reason Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea 88
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulties in obtaining reliable supplies of high quality wool fabric, we discontinued productio 80
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. 60
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 13 15
No. of Words: 340 350
No. of Characters: 1750 1500
No. of Different Words: 191 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.294 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.147 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.793 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 139 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 94 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 71 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 47 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 26.154 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 11.973 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.615 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.342 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.638 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.092 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5